FIM Speedway Grand Prix 2013

Clutch

Team Owner
Yesterday after work I went to my local dirt track (10 mins from home) for Round 1 of the Speedway Championship.
The bikes are 500cc, single gear and no brakes.
20 four lap heat races. then 2 semis of the top 8 and then the main final
4 riders per heat.
20 riders so they each race 5 times.
Each heat scores 1st...3 points, 2nd...2 points, 3rd...1 point, 4th...0 points.
Had a lot of fun after work on a nice day. I'll throw a few pics up soon.
I grew up with this racing as a kid and it is very popular in Europe.
I'll post a couple of pics of Greg Hancock the lone American contender.....He's No. 3 and has been World Champ twice and still competes at like 43
IMG_4648.JPG

IMG_4636.JPG
Heres Hancock at driver intos ....he has the American flag and one of him on his bike

IMG_4609.JPG

Heres a few more.....this is where Kyle Larson raced over Christmas and cleaned up....and the Swindells and Jerry Coons jr, Darnell and others.... its becoming a prerequisite for a Chili bowl win. Don't believe me check it out.

IMG_4655.JPG
IMG_4644.JPG
IMG_4632.JPG
IMG_4622.JPG
IMG_4620.JPG

And Greg I really liked the one standing on the Kiwi's pickup....oh yeah,...thought you might like her too. ;)

IMG_4614.JPG

Watched speedway racing as a kid at the Orange County Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa, Ca.. These guys have balls. Awesome racing.

Watched speedway racing as a kid at the Orange County Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa, Ca.. These guys have balls. Awesome racing.

Absolutely! As a kid my hero was 6 time world champ Ivan Mauger who raced at this very track and whom I watched many times growing up at same track. Glad to hear from another speedway fan!

Back
Top Bottom