Fined

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ricky Craven's crew chief, Mike Beam was fined $500 for "unapproved jack bolts" under 12-4-Q, unapproved equipment.

This is the 3rd time this season he has been fined, totaling $3,500.

But, fergy, haven't others not in the top 10 been penalized points this year? Ward Burton comes to mind.

But three times? Look at Rusty and Jimmie, both are running in the top five and had illegal parts. 25 points got zapped from them.

I was being a little sarcastic with the point thing, but it just goes back to NASCAR's inconsistency.

It is a little inconsistent, but Craven isn't up there running for a championship.

Originally posted by gordon24fan
It is a little inconsistent, but Craven isn't up there running for a championship.
I bet he is looking for a better finishing spot for money though.;) That shouldn't make a dang bit of differance. :)

If this is the third time he was fined, you'd think NASCAR would give him a stiffer penalty (points removal). He doesn't seem to learn. If I were Beam, I'd be really careful the last races of the year, NASCAR might be checking his stuff extra carefully.

I believe that I heard tonite that the teams randomly draw numbers by lottery type thingie and Nascar has previously determined which numbers will be inspected post race, other than the top 5 or 10....
BUT I've been wrong before:eek:

Get some consistency. I'm tired of NASCAR picking and choosing who gets what level of penalty, especially for a 3rd infraction. NASCAR better get their act together.

$500 dollar fines have never penalized points. It's the bigger, more blatent cheats they find that they seem to like to dock points for.

It is true that Mike Beam has been penalized three times this season. However, unless ya know what those previous three fines were for it might not follow that Mike is deserving of a more severe penalty in this case. Numerous times this season we have seen a penalty levied for "unapproved jacking bolts". Each and every time the penalty has been $500. Consistent?

As to the previous penalties against Mr. Beam.

The first was following the Califoriia race. Mike was penalized $500 for failing to return the data recorder to NASCAR immediately following the race.

The second was following the July Pocono race. Mike was fined $2500 because one of the crew members went into the pit service area without a helmet.

Sometimes ya gotta dig a bit below the surface.:)

Back
Top Bottom