Final 4:
Larson
Elliott
Blaney
Kyle Busch

Champion: Larson

And Kurt Busch in the final 4
I'm not the only one who picked Kurt.
I picked Larson because no one else did.
As I said, anything can happen. To any driver.Think Talladega or Bristol, which are basically wreck and attrition avoidance.
At least we agree on Kyle Busch getting #3.

9 team elevates in the playoffs. He's got a higher average finish than he did last year entering the playoffs. He's been fast enough on the ovals to advance and each round has tracks he can easily win at like we saw last year. It's a pretty clear path for him if they eliminate the stupid stuff.
I meant both 18 and 9 together.

I think the sample size is pretty small..last season was really the first year that the post season performance was a consistent elevation.

But, I don't think the avg finish *relative to last year* matters. The 9 had WAY more speed than he does this year.

Chase was the fastest car most of the season, regardless of Harvick performing at a higher level. The 9 was the team to beat in terms of speed all year. Only fell off a bit for about 6 races. Other than that, he was fastest. CSR confirmed it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kyle looks checked out to me. Something isn't right. Blaney is a feel good win, but I am not sure he will contend. This is Larson's to lose. Hamlin need a Stewart-esque Playoff. Good tracks for him. Could happen, but that's why we tune in. I think that MTJ could have an early exit . While he sounds positive, I am just not feeling it.
For years, I've been saying Kyle is gonna burn out and surprise everyone with a retirement before the age of 42. This "in his prime for another decade" crap is nonsense to me. I think he has another 5-7 seasons left before hanging it up, tbh.

For years, I've been saying Kyle is gonna burn out and surprise everyone with a retirement before the age of 42. This "in his prime for another decade" crap is nonsense to me. I think he has another 5-7 seasons left before hanging it up, tbh.

Probably should have started a Has Kyle Lost a Step thread years ago then.

Who is the resident sage? You are the one who posed the proposition, that is why I asked which year.
Kyle will be just fine.

Around here, most any resident can get sage. But, not every resident enjoys sage.
1630804822155.png

Who is the resident sage? You are the one who posed the proposition, that is why I asked which year.
Kyle will be just fine.
I just have had the impression Kyle isn't enjoying himself as much, and suspect he's gonna get sick of cup racing. Not sure what the sage nonsense is about.

Has nothing to do with performance.

While he hasn't dominated and/or really wowed etc, Kurt seems focused this year IMO. Could be dangerous (in a good way).
I suppose if Newman made it in 2014, albeit before playoff points, Kurt can too

Yes, you have been very clear and consistent with this. I think having a kid changes things for a driver. When Schumacher had his family, he got even better, but he wasn't spending Saturday nights racing with them. In fact, while his life has always been private, it would be fair to say he wasn't around much. He became even more focused. I don't want to judge--it isn't my place....but I am wondering if some of Kyle's energy/focus/commitment is going to Brexton's racing at the expense of his own career. I mean, with these new race weekends, he has time to be other places, and I guessing that the sim is a choice....practice and qualifying isn't. No practice and qualifying + no sim = what kind of preparation?

I think tonight will be very interesting. Huge night for the 11 and 19 IMO to make a statement. The first three are not super significant for Larson, but if he comes out and dominates, that is a big statement as well. Great track, great event.....can't wait.

Yes, you have been very clear and consistent with this. I think having a kid changes things for a driver. When Schumacher had his family, he got even better, but he wasn't spending Saturday nights racing with them. In fact, while his life has always been private, it would be fair to say he wasn't around much. He became even more focused. I don't want to judge--it isn't my place....but I am wondering if some of Kyle's energy/focus/commitment is going to Brexton's racing at the expense of his own career. I mean, with these new race weekends, he has time to be other places, and I guessing that the sim is a choice....practice and qualifying isn't. No practice and qualifying + no sim = what kind of preparation?
That's what I'm guessing as well. Not a bad thing.

I do think Brexton will end up in the cup series one day, same with Keelan tbh.

That would be fun and nostalgic.

Larson
Hamlin
Truex
Elliot

That's your final 4.

Could be Hamlin's year. We may see this Larson vs Hamlin fight go down to the wire

Larson
Hamlin
Truex
Elliot

That's your final 4.

Could be Hamlin's year. We may see this Larson vs Hamlin fight go down to the wire

Bold. Elliott has to get out of round 1 first. 😫🤬

Bold. Elliott has to get out of round 1 first.
He will. I don't think he will have the speed consistently, but he'll sneak in there.

I also now realize my Ryan Blaney prediction was short sighted and impulsive. So, I'm staying here lol

Back
Top Bottom