First lady of drag racing

OMG!
First-Lady-Of-Drag-Racing-2.jpg

Man oh man, I do miss Hot Pants on the correct female, ^^^^This is a correct female^^^^:punkrocke
I love the hot pants too and some good points could be said about the top as well.

Reactions: sdj
She had it all. Talent, attitude and a body to go with it. A winner all the way.

That film was awesome, I have seen Heart like a Wheel a number of times, but this film "Shirley"went far deeper. Well done.

That film was awesome, I have seen Heart like a Wheel a number of times, but this film "Shirley"went far deeper. Well done.
I can't believe I forgot to set the DVR but they usually re-air them several times and I will watch it soon.

Excellent documentary and history. There are just not enough words to define how great she was and all that she accomplished.
She deserves all of the respect.

Wife and I watched it last night (DVR'd), it was a real eye opener for me. She is tough as nails. That wreck she had, it is a miracle she is alive to tell the story. We really enjoyed it and will probably watch it again.

Wife and I watched it last night (DVR'd), it was a real eye opener for me. She is tough as nails. That wreck she had, it is a miracle she is alive to tell the story. We really enjoyed it and will probably watch it again.
Same here. I didn't delete it and plan on watching it a second time.

I also agree about with your assessment. The obstacles and sexism she had to endure was obvious, but she never sounded like a poor me victim, she was all about just beating them.

She was beautiful, and tough as nails, but there is also an understated sweet graciousness, and even some humilty about her. She was able to be tenacious and stand her ground while also in hindsight able to appreciate her biggest rivals and almost all of her enemies.

It is almost impossible not to love her.

I look forward to watching this (recorded it) and happy to read that it was well done. Always liked her and glad she's still around.

Back
Top Bottom