First laps of the Gen 3 Supercars at Bathurst

I hope there is a stream to watch this Saturday. These are the live times somewhere?
1638564644075.png

I take it it's not a coincidence that the NASCAR NextGen cars and the Gen3 Supercars share a lot of similarities?

Why drag that garbage down here? Too many people in the NASCAR forum telling you to shut up?

There’s a reason for that.

It’s been interesting reading up on the struggles the series has had to trying to manage parity between the two models before locking in the Gen3 cars’ homologation. Ford have been quite publicly displeased with both aero performance and engine drivability in testing, including the VCAT (straight line) runs. Lots of politicking from Mark Rushbrook‘s side.

The start of the season is just over a month away, the weekend of March 10-12. It just came out yesterday that at a test late last month Ford and Chevy did a driver swap, including 3x champ Shane van Gisbergen getting into a Mustang, to try to see get a better understanding of where differences lie. Pretty unprecedented thing to do.

would the cup car benefit from that HUUUGE wing?

It might not be long before it’s called SuperCamaros at this rate, I guess.

It might not be long before it’s called SuperCamaros at this rate, I guess.

I hope not. I'm just getting into Supercars and the racing in the series is just great. The layout of Sydney Motorsports Park doesn't look like it allows for a whole lot of passing but they put on two great races.

The penalty for SVG in race one was a joke though. That wasn't even a bump-and-run, it was less than that.

I hope not. I'm just getting into Supercars and the racing in the series is just great. The layout of Sydney Motorsports Park doesn't look like it allows for a whole lot of passing but they put on two great races.

The penalty for SVG in race one was a joke though. That wasn't even a bump-and-run, it was less than that.
Yeah, I hated the penalty, seems like most people did. Kind of a joke, I hate when racing series get in the way of good action.

There’ve been some big missteps with Gen3 so far but the racing is better than it was with Gen2. There’s too much history wrapped up in ATCC/Supercars so hopefully they can find a way keep it all together, Ford are the only real manufacturer they have left.

Back
Top Bottom