First Post: What do you drive?

C

Chris

Well, since this is the first post in this section, I guess I should start out with something simple.

What kinda cars do you all drive?
As of now, I'm stuck in a Taurus, however, that is soon going to change as I'm looking into buying a 86-87 GN or T-Type.
I'm also VERY interested in F-Bodies (Camaro/Firebird)

Anyone else?

Hah.
Well, lets see if I can help.

GN = Grand National.
The GN is a car made by Buick during the '80s. During it's time, it was in fact the fastest car GM made. Yes, faster then the Corvette at the time. It was powered by a Turbocharged 3.8L V6 engine and ran the 1/4 mile in roughly 14 seconds (at the time, that was fast for a bone stock car)
A T-Type was also made by Buick. Called the Regal T-Type. It's basically the same thing as a Grand National.

;)

Yes. Very fun.
Although they may only run high 13s - low 14's stock, with a few minor "bolt-on's" they are capable of running 12's very easily.
Some the fastest "Race Only" Grand Nationals are running in the 7 sec. 1/4 mile range!

Well, being as how Grand Nationals are not aerodynamic at all, I can't really say how good their top speed would be.
People that modify these cars, typically aren't into top speed runs as much as they are into drag racing.

To give you an idea of how fast they are let me give you the average 1/4 mile times of some popular cars.

A brand new Corvette will typically turn 1/4 mile times in the 12.9-13.4 second range and reach a speed of about 106-110mph during this time.
A Funny Car (professional dragster) will run in the 4 sec. 1/4 mile time. The drivers must wear special suits to handle the pressure of accelerating that fast! They will cross the lines at over 300mph.

Does that help any?

There's a lot to learn.
My main automotive interests include
Camaro/Firebird
I recently started getting very interested in the Turbo Buicks (GN/T-Type) and I also like Vettes (who doesn't?!)

As far as racing goes, I'm into Drag Racing.
I don't really pay much attention to NHRA, but I love going to the strip and helping build cars FOR the "strip"
A few of my friends have some quick cars, and I'm often needed to help in setting the car up and deciding what parts should go on next.

BG here is a pic of one. They only came in one color Black
Images%5Cdefault_10.jpg

I drive a GMC Jimmy right now, but this summer I plan on getting a Trailblazer. My first car was a '57 Chevy two door hardtop.

Since I'm the granny of the group, I drive a typical granny car-----
2001 Lincoln Town Car--Cartier Edition.

However, tucked away in the garage, awaiting the finishing restoration is a 1962 Corvette---with ragtop and removable hardtop.

I have driven a 1969 AMC Javelin that ran in the low 13s right off the showroom floor. Sure wish we hadn't sold that car. *sigh*

Bearby, you ought to see the numbers of little old ladies and gentlemen in their Lincolns down here. "Moving chicanes" comes to mind. LOL

My first car was a hand-me-down from my parents------the retired family car------a 1957 Chevy station wagon. Complete with vinyl-covered seats. I remember sticking to the vinyl in the summer, and freezing on it in the winter. LOL

Originally posted by paul
Wicked00, that is a bad ass car.

Thanks for the compliment!

I also have my daily driver which is an 85 Buick century 4dr. Brown POS car :)

Hey Wicked:

I hear all LS1 cars are slow.
By the way, in your first set of pics, who's that STUD in the orange shirt???

BTW, you comin' to the track with us in a couple weekends?
Thinking about going NEXT Sunday to US 41.
You game?
Bos and Joe are coming as well.
The Black WS6 is going to show up on a trailor. :D

Originally posted by Chris
Hey Wicked:

I hear all LS1 cars are slow.  
By the way, in your first set of pics, who's that STUD in the orange shirt???

BTW, you comin' to the track with us in a couple weekends?
Thinking about going NEXT Sunday to US 41.
You game?  
Bos and Joe are coming as well.
The Black WS6 is going to show up on a trailor. :D

Chris, I hear the bears SUCK!

The DUD in the Orange shirt is some gay kid that was asking a whole bunch of questions about that other kids anus.

Saturday I have a mighty big party to go to. I dunno if I'll be sober enough to make it to the track. I'll be sure and let ya know.

BTW, whats wrong with the black WS6? is it broke? lol

Originally posted by Wicked00

Saturday I have a mighty big party to go to. I dunno if I'll be sober enough to make it to the track. I'll be sure and let ya know.

BTW, whats wrong with the black WS6? is it broke? lol

Not this Sunday (it's Easter) but next Sunday.
You can still goto the track with a hangover, don't worry.

BTW, as of right now actually the BlackWS6 IS broken. It's getting a new trans. at Speed Inc., but it will arrive on a trailer because there IS a possibility that the rearend may go SNAP! :D
We're looking forward to some fast times from it though.
He's supposed to race Pro Stock John for the title "Pro Stock" ;)

I wonder who'll win. PSJ has a fast car.... I hope I'll be able to make it. I should be able to :)

PSJ is supposed to give the BlackWS6 4 or 5 cars.
We plan to gut the car before we bring it down there.
Bare bones! No interior, no speakers, etc.

Oh yeah, you know anyone that would be willing to lend out some skinnies for a day? :D

I have a 2001 black Trans Am. It has over 400rwhp and 390tq. I have not taken it to the track with my new set up, but I Plan to soon as the weather gets nice.

me drives a POS
89 buick skylark

but my first car was a 73 camaro black with the 350 LT1. now we are talkin.
only problem with the second gen camaro...they were heavy.
this is kinda close
same stance
same hood
60 series all 4 corners. cornered verry well :D

Monty

cam3.jpg

my first car was a chevy chevette and man would that thing turn some wicked donuts. btw chilly what is junk about that 69 chevy? i am currently driving a69 chevy truck and would like to fix its apperance up a little bit. any good body parts left on the front?could you send me some pics?i might be interested in it.

I don't have a car right now but I am helping my brother build his 66 mustang. The engine read 548 hp on the dyno. It is a street car but we will take it to the drags in a few weeks. Hoping it will run low 10s or high 9s with slicks. He has to run street tires for now due to the torqe he is making it will twist the car because it doesn't have a roll cage or any boding strenghtening parts. Most of the parts were donated because he was a Make-A-Wish child. If anyone has the latest Mustang and Fords magazine, there is a article about his engine.

Now I believe we're talking!

Ahhh...here's my new girl :D See some more shots of her
HERE

greenmill.jpg

frostedmug.jpg

I drive a 89 chevy s-10, with the Baja package. 4.3. its been a good little truck, has 134,000 on it. I hope to get my 1973 nova going this winter.

Thanks be9...

Just swapped out the original wheels and rubber with some old school chrome reversed wheels with baby moons and radial wide whites.

I'll get some pictures of her soon and post 'em. Looks like a completely different car! :D

What kinda cars do you all drive?

I have a new car almost every 1-2 years .. Don't know why just do ..

I have a 02 Monte Carlo SS full appearence package , Color Black with all the windows tinted. It's really nice..

And I also just bought a little 99 Xtreme truck 4.3 V6 , Color red with a big system inside. I plan to put allot of money into the both of them soon..

Sss24 :D

Baby Moons and Chromies, those will look great, always liked that look. Just retired my 90 F1beater after 13 years of driving. Replaced it with a new 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4 door. First non Ford I've owned in over 20 years. Great truck so far.

Back
Top Bottom