Fishing

Acs

Team Owner
Any fellow anglers out there? I can't wait to get out on the water. Up here in the land of 11,842 lakes the summer season kicks off with flathead cats in 2 weeks, then trout mid April and finally the big fishing opener mid May.

What are you all going for this season? I'll post pics of my catch if I can ever figure out how.

In a few weeks I'll start hitting the rivers around her for rainbow, brookies and browns. I love to fly fish, then if all goes well I'll make the summer trip to Maine to hit the backwoods and do some fly fishing with my cousins.

Any fellow anglers out there? I can't wait to get out on the water. Up here in the land of 11,842 lakes the summer season kicks off with flathead cats in 2 weeks, then trout mid April and finally the big fishing opener mid May.

What are you all going for this season? I'll post pics of my catch if I can ever figure out how.
Putting the posts and the pictures in the Vacation Thread in Chit Chat is best so we wont lose them. It's a sticky and wont go anywhere. There are several of us on here that are avid outdoors-men, hunting and fishing.

Go after largemouth bass mostly, maybe bream in early May when they are on the bed. We like to hit farm ponds mostly but we'll hit a couple of big lakes that are around too.

Soon! :cool:

I will post how things go as soon as I hit the water.

I've never really been much into fishing. I guess it's just because I don't have the patience for it and since I've never been into it, I don't really know anything about it...including how to replace a broken line and how to properly remove a fish from the hook. I've considered getting into it because I absolutely love nature and love going to the lake to sit and enjoy the peace and quiet.

Thought I'd get out this week with the fly rod, but weather is all over the place here. End of next week is looking the better, can't wait to break in the new fly rod.

I've never really been much into fishing. I guess it's just because I don't have the patience for it and since I've never been into it, I don't really know anything about it...including how to replace a broken line and how to properly remove a fish from the hook. I've considered getting into it because I absolutely love nature and love going to the lake to sit and enjoy the peace and quiet.
Absolutely, do give it a try. Fishing is pretty fun.

Thought I'd get out this week with the fly rod, but weather is all over the place here. End of next week is looking the better, can't wait to break in the new fly rod.
Heck yeah! That's what I'm talking about.

I'm also from the land of 11,842 lakes and we do our spring trip the weekend after the opener. The fishing opener is a big deal around here. For me the first trip is more about camaraderie than catching anything.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.
Teach him to fish and he'll buy a boat and sit in it all day drinking beer. BTDT and I got the T-shirt too!
:beerbang:
Growing up on the coast I always had a boat, I don't do fresh water fishing.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.
Teach him to fish and he'll buy a boat and sit in it all day drinking beer. BTDT and I got the T-shirt too!
:beerbang:
Growing up on the coast I always had a boat, I don't do fresh water fishing.
My husband always told me that fishing was an excuse to drown worms and drink beer. :D

Back
Top Bottom