Fittipaldi

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
Christian Fittipaldi was rather impressive today and may have earned a full time 2003 ride. Also very humble in his interview.
Petty Ent had a great day of testing....let's hope it carries through to the season.

Yes, I found it very interesting that Petty Enterprises has said that if Petree can get a sponsor that they will let Christian run for Petree fulltime in 2003.

I think he will do alright this year, or at least I hope so. I am still a big fan of the Petty's and would like to see them have some success.

Speaking of impressive, look where that 49 car is on the sheet..

That was a good run but that was testing, the real test will come in the 500. Will the good ole boys run with him then? Some of them will if he stays fast but the frontrunners won't let him play.
He'll do good to finish top 20.

I hope he gets a full time ride maybe a win or two or the roy

Originally posted by pettyfan4life
I hope he gets a full time ride maybe a win or two or the roy

Betcha dollars to doughnuts on that one, pal.

Flash in the pan, nothing more.

Move along, folks, nothing to see here.

He won't win a game of Bingo this year, much less a race.

Actually, no I didn't. stewart had a good ride from the start. That makes a difference.

Nice try though. It really has nothing to do with his last name ending in a vowel. :D

I'm withholding judgment on him........as I did with Stewart. He's new, time will tell if he's any good.:)

I was actually hinting at your hatred for people that drive in other series'. Not his nationality.

I have nothing against the drivers in other series. It's the series themselves I don't care for.

But that's another thread.

Fitipaldi is a big name in that "other series"..........so fans of that other series are going to pay more attention to how he does in this series.:) I've seen him race one time..........he wrecked. That is not an indication how how good he may or may not be in this series. He's just another rookie.........time will tell if he's going do well. Daytona testing is not a good indicator of how well any driver or team will be.....just something for us fans to get worked up over.:D

I doubt Fittipaldi will do much of anything this year, he will be in a mediocre ride at best. If he was in a top notch ride he might have a chance at a decent finish, but with his lack of expereince in this type of racing he won't do well.

how is he 4th and 43ed fastest?

is the 33 car that mutch better?

i dont think he should have got to come back and test this week. thats not fair to the orther teams and drives that olny get one shot at Daytona testing,,,,IMO

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
Betcha dollars to doughnuts on that one, pal.  

Flash in the pan, nothing more.  

Move along, folks, nothing to see here.

He won't win a game of Bingo this year, much less a race.

I am with you TWF

How much sand baggin' do you suppose is going on during these testing sessions by the likes of hendrick, childress, yates, roush and even gibbs.....lol

They are testing things. Car setups, engines, brakes, heck they could even be testing a seat cushion. The speed numbers are just incidental........call it sandbagging, or whatever. Practice and Speedweek will tell a little more about how well any team is doing for the Daytona 500. To say someone is on top or on the bottom of heap from these tests is mostly wishful thinking.:)

Teams like his have to give it their all because they don't have the money for other test sessions and teamates. They need to learn alot while they can. Won't help though. Everybody is sandbaggin except the small teams, which is why they are topping the charts.

66 are you talking about the pettys not having all the money or the other team he is running for

Originally posted by pettyfan4life
Just wait untill Dayton
As in Dayton, Ohio? Man that's pbunch's neck of the woods. Won't he excited to hear the boys are coming to town?:calpping:

Back
Top Bottom