Flying high

How is your flight training progressing? ''Solo'' yet?

How is your flight training progressing? ''Solo'' yet?

Nah! Did my first ground loop Friday. Busted up the tail assembly. According to those in the know, such actions are considered running true to form while professing there will be more to come. Totally repainted the plane last weekend to make it more visible against the Florida sky. Today is repair day, next lessons are Wednesday and Fridays. Saw some progress Wednesday, not so much Friday. It definitely ain't as easy as it looks.
It has been windy nearly every day since last fall with winds nine to twenty mph and the plane I am using is very light and susceptible to windy conditions. The trainer suggested I get a larger and heavier plane to learn control faster but I figure if I learn in adverse conditions it will make me a better flier as I grasp the nuances of r/c flight. Then, I'll get a bigger and heavier plane.

Okay!! I screwed up!! Not the first time and more than likely not the last in my lifetime.

These, are not radio controlled airplanes. No, they are experimental aircraft with an actual pilot at the controls flying them. I was sent the information and erroneously - erroneous is a fancy word for assume, which when translated means makes an ass of you and me - but while it did not make a fool of those who read it and viewed the video, it did make one of me.
Sincere apology for the error. :(

Back
Top Bottom