Fontana: Help!

clarkfn2284

Here to make you miserable.
So my family is considering heading down to Fontana later in March for the Nascar race. My son is 2 1/2 and during the 500 became obsessed with Jamie McMurray or as he calls him the french fry guy. He wants to go see the racecars so we figured Fontana would be good. Only problem I am having is that when my son sees McMurray with a differen sponsor on the car he doesnt agree that its him. Does anyone know if McMurray will be in the McDonalds car at Fomntana? I cant find that info anywhere. They are the primary sponsor for him this season, but he also has the Cessna car and another. Any help would be appreciated.

Also anyone have thoughts on Fonatana? We usually go to Sonoma, but think Fontana might be a fun one for us and a change of pace. ANy thoughts?

So my family is considering heading down to Fontana later in March for the Nascar race. My son is 2 1/2 and during the 500 became obsessed with Jamie McMurray or as he calls him the french fry guy. He wants to go see the racecars so we figured Fontana would be good. Only problem I am having is that when my son sees McMurray with a differen sponsor on the car he doesnt agree that its him. Does anyone know if McMurray will be in the McDonalds car at Fomntana? I cant find that info anywhere. They are the primary sponsor for him this season, but he also has the Cessna car and another. Any help would be appreciated.

Also anyone have thoughts on Fonatana? We usually go to Sonoma, but think Fontana might be a fun one for us and a change of pace. ANy thoughts?

Hope it works out so the little guy is happy. I think Revman has been to fontana, he should be online later this evening and Im sure he can tell you how it is there.

Fontana is a cool track, you and you little guy will enjoy it. If you're stay there go to the Yard House in Rancho Cucamonga the night before the race , the last two years I've run into Kasey Khane, Kezolowski, Biffle and Gilliland.. seems like the drivers go there cause it's close by plus they got good eats and tons of beer on draft.

Well, McDonald's is McMurray's primary sponsor and there are "Golden Arches" somewhere on every one of Jamie's racecars. :)

Hope it works out so the little guy is happy. I think Revman has been to fontana, he should be online later this evening and Im sure he can tell you how it is there.

I'm here! Jamie was in the Bass Pro Shops #1 last year, but let's keep our fingers crossed for your little guy. Fontana is awesome! Just love it. Clean. People are nice. Love the track and the racing. We went 5 years ago as a one off to see if my wife and son would like it. At the halfway point in the race, my wife tells me under yellow, that unless I lose interest, I will never have to miss a race there. She loves it too obviously. You will love the place!

I'm here! Jamie was in the Bass Pro Shops #1 last year, but let's keep our fingers crossed for your little guy. Fontana is awesome! Just love it. Clean. People are nice. Love the track and the racing. We went 5 years ago as a one off to see if my wife and son would like it. At the halfway point in the race, my wife tells me under yellow, that unless I lose interest, I will never have to miss a race there. She loves it too obviously. You will love the place!

Ya responded to the wrong post Rev, go for the op :D

Sorry about that Kyle18. You are going to Phoenix, right?

You betcha I am, friday, saturday and sunday. might get wet though but I will be there. Were even going to catch the Mexican series race
Good luck to your TRD equipped Toyotas :D
Hope Kyle can grab a win or maybe even 2

BTW thanks for responding to the Fontana question, I thought you had been there so I threw yer name out there

You betcha I am, friday, saturday and sunday. might get wet though but I will be there. Were even going to catch the Mexican series race

BTW thanks for responding to the Fontana question, I thought you had been there so I threw yer name out there

Wet eh?

Interesting description. lol

Excited for ya man. Gotta get me one on Sunday. I'll be watching--you know that. Might be a little stupid for you on Saturday weather-wise, but Sunday should be fine for the big show. I am way excited to see what qualifying on Friday looks like. Could be good. Curious how they will handle pit lane--think they will shut it down for quali now? Pits are open in Fontana for quali, but I bet they shut them down with the new format. Yell loud for my TRDers!

Excited for ya man. Gotta get me one on Sunday. I'll be watching--you know that. Might be a little stupid for you on Saturday weather-wise, but Sunday should be fine for the big show. I am way excited to see what qualifying on Friday looks like. Could be good. Curious how they will handle pit lane--think they will shut it down for quali now? Pits are open in Fontana for quali, but I bet they shut them down with the new format. Yell loud for my TRDers!

Interesting questions on qualifying Rev, we will be there for the first attempt at the new format but I dont have a clue as to whether the pits will be closed or not. They have always been open in the past so I hope they remain that way. Gonna be cheering for you know who Rev. I gotta get down to the garage and screw up Mattys car again, I think I will make it worse than the one he had in the fall last year :laugh: Yeeee haaaaaaw go 20 !!!!

Interesting questions on qualifying Rev, we will be there for the first attempt at the new format but I dont have a clue as to whether the pits will be closed or not. They have always been open in the past so I hope they remain that way. Gonna be cheering for you know who Rev. I gotta get down to the garage and screw up Mattys car again, I think I will make it worse than the one he had in the fall last year :laugh: Yeeee haaaaaaw go 20 !!!!

Damn it! It was you all along! You know my TRD guys took crap for that....and all along....you! LOL! Man, I could use a big Rowdy weekend after last week's bummer. He is running the Skittles scheme so let's hope he has good luck with it! You know I pull for all of my TRD guys, but I would be lying if I didn't pull just a bit more for Kyle. The plus side of the #88 win is that nobody is talking about Kyle. You know, Dale is going to go 36-0 and win it all.

Damn it! It was you all along! You know my TRD guys took crap for that....and all along....you! LOL! Man, I could use a big Rowdy weekend after last week's bummer. He is running the Skittles scheme so let's hope he has good luck with it! You know I pull for all of my TRD guys, but I would be lying if I didn't pull just a bit more for Kyle. The plus side of the #88 win is that nobody is talking about Kyle. You know, Dale is going to go 36-0 and win it all.

LOL dont I wish I could adjust that 20 car a little !!!! 4 inches of tow out should be about right huh ??? Nah I would never do that but its sure fun ta think about it

LOL dont I wish I could adjust that 20 car a little !!!! 4 inches of tow out should be about right huh ??? Nah I would never do that but its sure fun ta think about it

Those cars drove like that last fall. The reason you wouldn't do that is because Kyle and Matt talk set ups. You don't want that set up ending up on that Skittles car this weekend. LOL.

I have considered Sonoma....your thoughts....

Those cars drove like that last fall. The reason you wouldn't do that is because Kyle and Matt talk set ups. You don't want that set up ending up on that Skittles car this weekend. LOL.

Lmao !!! Given the weird design of the track here I dont think it is possible to put the perfect setup on any of the cars, whats good on one end of the track dont work on the other end. Track may be completely green after the predicted rains on saturday, this will be a must watch cup race IMO

Going to get crazy out there man

I have considered Sonoma....your thoughts....

I love Sonoma. I always have. A lot of people dont like the road courses because of the limited views. If you do go, turn 7 is the best area to sit with the opportunity to see the most action. You get great views of 7, the S heading into 9, 4, anf you can see all the down to 11 and the start finish. The last couple of years I sat in 4 and then last year got in with save mart and sat in the turn 11 grass seats. Turn 4 was good because they come barreling off of 2 and head downhill to 4 which has the largest drop in elevation. Sonoma has a ton of action and they do a fantastic job of placing huge screens all over so you can see the broadcast, Biggest complaint is the traffic getting out, 2 1 lane highways to get out and it will take me the same amount of time to get out of fontana and get back to the Central Valley as it does to get home from Sonoma. It took us 6 hours to get out and get home last year. I live 2 and a half hours away from the track. so we sat in the parking lot for a good 3 to 4 hours. Lots of walking because the track is so spread out, but i dont really mind that. If you go, get there as early as possible

Well, McDonald's is McMurray's primary sponsor and there are "Golden Arches" somewhere on every one of Jamie's racecars. :)

Hes too smart for that. I tried showing him the video of McMurray winning at Taladega in the U of A paint scheme, showed him the McDonalds arches and he argued with me because it was the red McDonalds car.....

Lmao !!! Given the weird design of the track here I dont think it is possible to put the perfect setup on any of the cars, whats good on one end of the track dont work on the other end. Track may be completely green after the predicted rains on saturday, this will be a must watch cup race IMO

Going to get crazy out there man

Have to be honest....This is why I enjoy chatting with you. Thinking about the track conditions for race day, and what that might mean. You are a true fan Kyle18. You get it. I think adjustability in the set up will be important. This will test the communication between Dave and Kyle. TRD will have the best and brightest from the Chassis Facility in Salisbury for set up support for sure. All hands on deck!

Have to be honest....This is why I enjoy chatting with you. Thinking about the track conditions for race day, and what that might mean. You are a true fan Kyle18. You get it. I think adjustability in the set up will be important. This will test the communication between Dave and Kyle. TRD will have the best and brightest from the Chassis Facility in Salisbury for set up support for sure. All hands on deck!

One of the 43 is going to get it right, probably by pure dumb luck, a crap car for qualifying might be a rocket on Sunday. A surprise winner maybe ??? Go Danica :D

I always thought it was my magnetic personality you enjoyed Rev :rolleyes:

One of the 43 is going to get it right, probably by pure dumb luck, a crap car for qualifying might be a rocket on Sunday. A surprise winner maybe ??? Go Danica :D

I always thought it was my magnetic personality you enjoyed Rev :rolleyes:

This race will stretch the driving abilities of all participants. Danica need not apply. ;)

Hell yes on the personality Kyle18 + the fan knowledge + commitment to Kyle + 1000 due to tolerance of my TRD support. :D

This race will stretch the driving abilities of all participants. Danica need not apply. ;)

Hell yes on the personality Kyle18 + the fan knowledge + commitment to Kyle + 1000 due to tolerance of my TRD support. :D

The TRD support is absolutely a necessity Rev :cool:

A question about the hauler parade. I agree it was cool, but I not everybody was there last year. Is that common? Thinking about going again this year regardless.
Yes, they do it every year. They use to have a fan appreciation day on Thursday with all the souvenir trailers set up and all the drivers were there signing autographs and there was a large stage set up and all the drivers would be interviewed and then they would rotate some really good bands though the afternoon until around 10:00 pm. The hauler parade would come through just at dark 30. But now they just do the hauler parade ever since they dropped the second race.

Yes, they do it every year. They use to have a fan appreciation day on Thursday with all the souvenir trailers set up and all the drivers were there signing autographs and there was a large stage set up and all the drivers would be interviewed and then they would rotate some really good bands though the afternoon until around 10:00 pm. The hauler parade would come through just at dark 30. But now they just do the hauler parade ever since they dropped the second race.

Man, that sounds cool. Sucks they stopped doing it. What I mean is that I didn't see all of the haulers last year and I was there for the whole thing. Believe that the JGR guys were absent. Does everybody typically participate?

Man, that sounds cool. Sucks they stopped doing it. What I mean is that I didn't see all of the haulers last year and I was there for the whole thing. Believe that the JGR guys were absent. Does everybody typically participate?
I was talking to the driver of Danicas hauler last year and he said that all of the cup teams are suppose to participate, but some times some of the haulers are running late or maybe had to go do something else. I didn't see the JGR haulers in the parade either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom