Foods You Just Won't Eat.........

Originally posted by TexasRaceLady
4xchamp, what are "ramps"?
If I'm not mistaken, they are a type of onion. My parents used to love them. Must be a hillbilly thing. But, I swear you can smell someone who has eaten ramps 10 feet away.

Why do cottage cheese and yogurt have expiration dates on them? Aren't they spoiled when you get 'em?

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin
If I'm not mistaken, they are a type of onion. My parents used to love them. Must be a hillbilly thing. But, I swear you can smell someone who has eaten ramps 10 feet away.

A ramp is kinda like a cross between an onion and a turnip.

There's a lot of stuff I won't eat no way no how. A partial list:

Sour cream
Refried beans
Venison in ANY form
Shrimp
Souse. I've helped make the stuff, and I'll starve to death right beside it.
The liver, brains, and tongue out of anything
Cottage cheese or Ricota cheese, I make my lasagna with Mozz
Sushi
Tofu
Country ham believe it or not - too salty
Brocoli
Asparagus
Brussels Sprouts
Slaw
Fill in the blank salad - egg, ham, chicken, tuna, potato...you name it, I ain't touchin it
Califlower
and I HATE tea in any incarnation

I will not eat:
brussel sprouts
spinach, turnip greens or anything of the like
okra (no way, any way)
sushi
tofu
liver and onions (disgusting)
same as TWF - no liver, brains, and tongue out of anything
green peas
beets

that's all I can think of for now.

Ya know, I hate eating things that are trying to do the same with me...:p

anything that I can not pronounce. Anything that looks like it took a round trip thru a persons digestive track:D :D :D .

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
A ramp is kinda like a cross between an onion and a turnip.

There's a lot of stuff I won't eat no way no how.  A partial list:

Sour cream
Refried beans
Venison in ANY form
Shrimp
Souse.  I've helped make the stuff, and I'll starve to death right beside it.
The liver, brains, and tongue out of anything
Cottage cheese or Ricota cheese, I make my lasagna with Mozz
Sushi
Tofu
Country ham believe it or not - too salty
Brocoli
Asparagus
Brussels Sprouts
Slaw
Fill in the blank salad - egg, ham, chicken, tuna, potato...you name it, I ain't touchin it
Califlower
and I HATE tea in any incarnation
WOW I thought I was the only person in the world that hated tea.

I cannot stand the stuff, hot or cold. Hubby and oldest daughter love it. I don't even like the smell. Where I live people are big tea drinkers and I get some strange looks when I tell them I hate it!

Tea is all around nasty stuff, even herbal tea. Same goes for coffee.

Spend some time in the military and go through survival school. You'll find you can eat just about anything. It all depends on how hungry you are.

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
Poke salad is a weed Southerners thinks is better than spinach! They got that wrong!:)

Hey DE, Have you ever tried Poke salad and scrambled eggs. Our mom use to make it when we were little. It's actually pretty good.

Originally posted by nascat22
Hey DE, Have you ever tried Poke salad and scrambled eggs. Our mom use to make it when we were little. It's actually pretty good.

I've had it with scrabbled eggs, corned beef, deer meat, smoked ham hocks...........and about a half dozen other ways too. All with: "You just ain't had it done right".......yeah, right!!:D I'm done ever trying that crap again, no matter what you say!!:)

Besides, any weed that grows wild and becomes poisonous if too ripe, is something to stay away from.:(

Black Olives, Green olives, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Any raw seafood, and probably as few more things I can't think of right now :)

Speaking of military, I can no longer eat MREs, aka meals ready to eat, much less even look at them. I don't see how the military guys can do it. They used to be sold at one of our commissaries at one of the bases we lived at and my mom bought them by the ton. I swear they all tasted alike whether it was Chicken ala King or some random meat dish. The only thing decent in them was the crackers with applesauce, the candy, and gum. I feel for everyone who has to eat them.

We have one MRE left and nobody is eating it. We took the gum and candy out and all that is left is that mysterious green packet of food.

Other than those I won't eat sushi, tongue, brains, or any part of the animal that sounds like it shouldn't be eaten or was involved on the show Fear Factor.

Back
Top Bottom