For Kicks: What is your final four?

Truex Jr he's lock
Jimmie Johnson He never goes away he will find a way in
Kyle Larson He's having a great year
Kyle Busch because Nascar wants him there

78, 48 are locks. After that it's a crapshoot. Don't see Larson there. Gonna say 18 and 2.

42 intrigues me....What do you think will be his downfall?

Because it's Truex. Up until he finally won at pocono a couple years ago he was (and still is at times) the king of choking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't see that in the last couple of years really....Just not sure....Tell you what....He wins Homestead, he could go on a run....

Why do I feel like the 78 is fragile while the 42 isn't?
I don't think Truex is fragile. I just think no one is as fast at Homestead as Larson riding about an inch from the wall, which is where the speed is at Homestead. Larson has been blindingly fast there the last two years, IIRC. (And Kez too, very fast at Homestead the last few years. If he's still alive, he is a threat.)

I don't think Truex is fragile. I just think no one is as fast at Homestead as Larson riding about an inch from the wall, which is where the speed is at Homestead. Larson has been blindingly fast there the last two years, IIRC. (And Kez too, very fast at Homestead the last few years. If he's still alive, he is a threat.)

Excellent point man.

Isnt a little bit early to be talking about March Madness ?

To @LewTheShoe point re: Homestead......Truex had better capitalize on his points advantage to bury Larson before Homestead. I see Kyle more of a threat to Larson there than Martin in all honesty. Doubtful that FRR will skip the Homestead test this year. LOL

I am thinking too that Larson could be real threat to Martin at Homestead, heck, I think Larson is going to be a pain Martin for 9 races leading up Homestead.

He looks to me like a guy who doesn't flinch right now.

After one race? Again, this past week was the first time he executed in a pressure situation. He has a point, Kyle can psych himself up, and psych himself out, but he hasn't quite found that balance yet.

Homestead: Passed by JJ on the restart, lost the race.
Atlanta: Passed by Keselowski with 8 to go, lost.
Bristol: Battling Harvick for lead/win with about 20 to go, beat by JJ again
Dover: Out drag raced by JJ again. (I wonder why the 42 team has beef with the 48)
New Hampshire: Couldn't close much on Hamlin despite being WAY faster.

So I agree, he won't do it this year.

The second time he makes Homestead though he wins. Regardless of who else makes it, since by then, his once superior drivers will be dinosaurs

As much as it pains me to say

Truex
KDB
Larson (my pick and hopefully the champ)
4th spot is up for grabs but I'm gonna say Harvick. Been quietly putting together a good season and is bound to go on a tear sometime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truex is written in pen
Larson and Kyle Busch also solidly in there
After that, I say Harvick rounds out the Homestead field

He looks to me like a guy who doesn't flinch right now.

I like him as a driver, so I hope he doesn't flinch, but he's young and like all sports the "playoffs" are a whole different animal.

Back
Top Bottom