for the Greg Biffle fan club

S

slick-nick

Please don't attack me, but are you guys really Greg Biffle fans? LOL! I'm just wondering cause I haven't gave it that much attention. Please be gentle.

I actually am, yeah. :)

Greg---when he is disliked----seems to be disliked because he isn't 'pretty' enough for a lot of fans. Yes, that sounds silly, I know...but titles like 'weird-looking' guy and other childish remarks only bring this into focus. Check some typical immature post's on this very forum page and you will see what I mean.

But in actuality, Greg Biffle is an incredibly accomplished and capable race car driver. ROTY in two series, Championships in both CTS and BGN, one of only a few drivers with wins in all three major Nascar series, an incredible win percentage in both CTS and BGN...and not all that bad in NCS either actually. I know folks have different things they look for when they choose a 'favorite' driver, and Greg isn't even my TOP favorite---but I do like the guy and admire his accomplishments. If any guy on the track has paid his dues, it's Greg Biffle. :cheers:

I too at first didn't like Greg, but based it mainly on his looks---yes bad of me I know. But as this year has gone on I've learned to admire his ability to drive a car. Much like another non-looker I grew to like-Jimmy Spencer. De 2 talked me into the light on that one!! ;) :lol: Greg is not my top driver either, but he's not that far from the top. DJ will be the man till he retires, but I already have his replacement ready ;)

In fact, yep I have learned a lot about Greg and have come to admire him for his persevervence and talent. He certainly isn't a flash in the pan and a gentleman.

I am not a Biffle fan. I was just drafted into the club. :lol:

I was shanghai'd :lol:

I used to like Biffle, but he ticked me off one too many times. Looks don't have anything to do with it. Prove it you say? Okay, I like Kyle Busch. ;)

I was suckered into the club. Now I have the job of recruiting more suckers. :lol:

I've liked Biffle since the truck series. I think he is WAY under estimated as a driver and his talents. There is no doubt in my mind if Jack-a$$ Roush had supported him last year Greg would've won ROY. JMHO! :D

I think the GBFC calls it the GBFC because they feel sorry for Greg with that being said, I retire to my General Chit Chat forum.

I'm not a big fan of his, but it's got nothing to do with his looks. I don't really have an issue with him one way or the other, and you can't deny he has talent. If anything, I feel a little bad for him...he can drive, but yet he's definitely way down on the pecking order at Roush, and due to a combination of being low-man on the totem pole and being average looking, he's not going to make the endorsement $ that some of the other younger drivers do, but he'll be OK.

Originally posted by allybear@Mar 25 2004, 12:34 PM
he can drive, but yet he's definitely way down on the pecking order at Roush, and due to a combination of being low-man on the totem pole and being average looking, he's not going to make the endorsement $ that some of the other younger drivers do, but he'll be OK.
Huh? I've seen him in more commercials than Mark, Kurt & Jeff this year. Pretty good for being low man at Roush.

True, but they're not (except Matt) all that photogenic either...I was thinking of guys like Harvick and Johnson, obviously Jr. is in a world of his own there.

And we all know how important that is in this day and age. Sadly indicative of a world without values other than for the superficial.

Originally posted by Bucky Badger@Mar 23 2004, 07:41 PM
Gregg who? Just kidding. Goofy looking learning alot lately
No really,Greg Who? :lol:

Originally posted by allybear@Mar 25 2004, 04:45 PM
True, but they're not (except Matt) all that photogenic either...I was thinking of guys like Harvick and Johnson, obviously Jr. is in a world of his own there.
Harvick is photogenic? :lol: The guy looks like he just stepped out of a vampire movie!

Originally posted by 17_Fan+Mar 26 2004, 12:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (17_Fan @ Mar 26 2004, 12:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--allybear@Mar 25 2004, 04:45 PM
Harvick is photogenic? :lol: The guy looks like he just stepped out of a vampire movie! [/b][/quote]
:xxlmfao:

:lol:

Originally posted by 17_Fan+Mar 26 2004, 12:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (17_Fan @ Mar 26 2004, 12:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--allybear@Mar 25 2004, 04:45 PM
Harvick is photogenic? :lol: The guy looks like he just stepped out of a vampire movie! [/b][/quote]
The boy needs to invest in a good dentist, no question about it! :lol: :lol:

And that haircut makes donald trumps look stylish. :lol: We play a game every week... helmet or not. We try to guess if lappy is wearing his helmet or if it's just his hair helmet!! I can't tell the difference!! :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by turtle3539@Mar 22 2004, 10:16 PM
I was suckered into the club. Now I have the job of recruiting more suckers. :lol:
i could have sworn you said you was a real Biffle fan.... :unsure:

:lol: :lol:

Just playing with ya Steph, B) :wub: plase dont bring up the frogs again :p

Originally posted by kat2220@Mar 27 2004, 10:54 PM
Kat will talk about froggy just to tick my newly found grandson off! :D
Kat, you know what i do to ppl that call and make me mad! :lol: :lol: just playing B)

I'm no Gregg Biffle fan..........but anyone Buddy Baker takes under his wing has something going for him!! :) Good driver? Yeah, I have to admit he is. Heck if he was driving for someone other than Jack Roush, he might be a great driver. He takes hits for his looks....but in reality he sort of reminds me of David Pearson in the appearance department! That has so little to do with it. :) But, Gregg's okay. He just needs to get away from Jack Roush.......get on a team that would really put his talent to good use.

BTW, I think I got shang hai'd too!! :(

SGBG (aka Shady)..........never give up on Jimmy!!! :D :cheers:

Not only was I shang hai'd , I was kidnapped, gagged, held at gun point to sign up for the GBFC....I tried to resign and was hit on the head, tied to a chair and dunked in a tank of cold water ten times.....and then things really got rough...so I torn up the my resignation but I'll try another time to escape, I'll never give up trying to get out!!!
eclipsee_steering.gif

Back
Top Bottom