For those Interested.... IROC

E

Excellerator

The IROC race will be broadcast tonight on ESPN from 7-8pm EST. Right before the Craftsman Truck series. GO HARVICK!

Good Job Kevin Harvick, finished 4th. The best of all the Nascar drivers. Also now takes the IROC points lead. Here is the complete update:

NASCAR took a beating in Saturday's inaugural International Race of Champions event at Chicagoland Speedway. Buddy Lazier led all 67 laps in Saturday's race to gain his first IROC win. Fellow Indy Racing League drivers Al Unser Jr. and Helio Castroneves completed a sweep of the top three positions. The last time non-NASCAR drivers swept the top three was in 1996 at Talladega. Lazier is the first open-wheel driver since Eddie Cheever Jr. in the 2000 season to win an IROC event. He is also the first driver since Mark Martin in 1996 to lead every lap in an IROC race. "I'm still in state of shock, I can't believe it," Lazier said. "We've been here all week practicing. With our schedule this year I haven't had a chance to practice in the IROC cars much. Working with the IROC test drivers was really a lot of help this week. Starting up front I had a feeling it was going to be a big advantage. It was in the back of mind to really hammer down hard at the beginning in hopes of keeping the lead for a while." Kevin Harvick was the top-performing NASCAR driver, finishing fourth. He also took over the series points lead and holds a 44-39 advantage over Unser Jr. with the Aug. 3 race at Indianapolis remaining. "I just had my head on and thought about the trophy," Harvick said. "It's a cool trophy. I want to able to add 'IROC Champion' to my autograph card." Winston Cup driver Tony Stewart, who won the series opener at Daytona, took a big hit. He led the series points entering the race, but pulled off the track on Lap 20 and left his car without an explanation to IROC officials.(

Back
Top Bottom