Force crash

A few years ago, we were standing outside of the Italian restaurant next to the track in Virginia and John pulled his shirt up and showed us that his whole side was black and blue from banging the wall a couple of weeks earlier...so I can only imagine how bad this one will be.

A few years ago, we were standing outside of the Italian restaurant next to the track in Virginia and John pulled his shirt up and showed us that his whole side was black and blue from banging the wall a couple of weeks earlier...so I can only imagine how bad this one will be.
He's 75 do you think he will ever get out of the car?

I figured at the end of this season, but depending on how beat up he is after this hit...maybe sooner.
I'll be surprised if this one wasn't the last. He already said couple weeks ago who was taking that ride. My guess is next round will be the new driver. It's time. Hate to see him put Britney thru watching him die on the track.

I'll be surprised if this one wasn't the last. He already said couple weeks ago who was taking that ride. My guess is next round will be the new driver. It's time. Hate to see him put Britney thru watching him die on the track.
He has been a great ambassador for drag racing and has given a lot of fans many years of awesome memories and has helped a lot of underfunded teams. He has proven without a doubt that he still has what it takes at his age of 75 to compete with anyone out there and win another championship. But I hope he steps down and concentrates on putting together a team of next generation drivers for JFR. There will never be another John Force...but I don't want to see him seriously injured or killed in a race car.

Looked like was having issues getting his feet out of the car. Appeared to be standing on one leg and instructing the Safety Safari what was up. At least was conscious and moving under his own power. I'd bet ankle/foot/lower leg injuries.

Amazing how he makes it through these types of crashes and I'm so happy he does. I hate this happens to him as he still wins races so gotta be tough for him to quit.
But he can know he was still a winner if he does retire.

Fact nothing been released about his condition/injuries ain't a good sign. Doesn't mean he's likely to die but you just never know. May have lung damage & they just don't know how it's gonna go.

1719287699327.png

Post above is latest info from their Facebook page. Essentially says what I said. No info to give out yet. He's not fully out of the woods. That's pretty much what I take from doctors refusing to disclose ANYTHING.

Anne Heche sat up right before they shoved her in the ambulance. Didn't survive. But she took in a whole lot more smoke. John will probably survive but doubt he races again. At some point enough is enough.

Post above is latest info from their Facebook page. Essentially says what I said. No info to give out yet. He's not fully out of the woods. That's pretty much what I take from doctors refusing to disclose ANYTHING.

Anne Heche sat up right before they shoved her in the ambulance. Didn't survive. But she took in a whole lot more smoke. John will probably survive but doubt he races again. At some point enough is enough.
Forgot this part of the article when you are trying to hang your black crepe.

DINWIDDIE, Va. (AP) — NHRA great John Force was alert and talking to safety workers immediately after a fiery, 300-mph crash Sunday in the Virginia Nationals at Virginia Motorsports Park.

John Force Racing said the 75-year-old Force was examined at the track by the NHRA Medical Team before being transported by medical helicopter to a facility for further evaluation.

During the first round of Funny Car eliminations, the engine exploded Force's car at the finish line, with the vehicle going across the centerline and striking the left concrete guard wall, then careening back across into the right wall.

I'm not guessing at what is wrong with John Force: I sort of expect him to retire after this because it seems like such an obvious thing to do. However, I think about Karamesines racing nitro until 90. John is living the dream: not just any dream either. He is generally considered the greatest drag racer who ever lived; greater than Garlits, Muldowney, Kalitta, Johnson, Glidden, or Prudhomme. He might be a guy who "never worked a day in his life" in the last 40 years because it's been such an incredible run. What do you do in retirement if you are John Force? Plenty of people in fuel racing these days are former professionals and executives (or still are) who have the funds to race expensive cars and try to live John's dream existence.

72 hours plus, with essentially no info released, I'm sure he's completely fine and will be on Dancing with The Stars next week.

Some of you seem to have great difficulty facing obvious situations. My guess, absolutely a SWAG, medically induced coma. Bunch of lawyers are running around making sure their T's are dotted and I's are crossed on all the contracts. Because John Force IS John Force Racing. Place won't survive without him. And this is the end as we've known it. Not saying he's dead just saying he won't be back in a car and possibly not back to the track ever again. A complete SWAG based on having lived 66.5 years. 2+2+2+4+3+5=Yahtzee or...something!

Michael Schumacher comes to mind. Nobody knows his condition. At least nobody that will say anything. NTTIAWWT.

Try it folks. Give me your best TMZ analysis. It ain't hurting anybody. It's just a stoopid message board. You think any of Force family here? Doubt it. This is a NASCAR Forum. Gets 90+ % of this boards public traffic with SOI having by far the most participation(60+%?). Not saying that's a bad thing. Just stating the obvious.

Call me whatever you want. I ain't skeered. Mod will probably delete whole thing. Really don't care.

72 hours plus, with essentially no info released, I'm sure he's completely fine and will be on Dancing with The Stars next week.

Some of you seem to have great difficulty facing obvious situations. My guess, absolutely a SWAG, medically induced coma. Bunch of lawyers are running around making sure their T's are dotted and I's are crossed on all the contracts. Because John Force IS John Force Racing. Place won't survive without him. And this is the end as we've known it. Not saying he's dead just saying he won't be back in a car and possibly not back to the track ever again. A complete SWAG based on having lived 66.5 years. 2+2+2+4+3+5=Yahtzee or...something!

Michael Schumacher comes to mind. Nobody knows his condition. At least nobody that will say anything. NTTIAWWT.

Try it folks. Give me your best TMZ analysis. It ain't hurting anybody. It's just a stoopid message board. You think any of Force family here? Doubt it. This is a NASCAR Forum. Gets 90+ % of this boards public traffic with SOI having by far the most participation(60+%?). Not saying that's a bad thing. Just stating the obvious.

Call me whatever you want. I ain't skeered. Mod will probably delete whole thing. Really don't care.
Go F yourself. Some of us pull for the bright side. Don't continue to insult our intelligence just because we don't want to live in your reality.

Yeah you know just cause he's famous his family is not obligated to share his medical information. If doctors did that be a HIPPA violation. So yeah you will get called things for speculating on situations that don't need speculation.

I read that he was conscious and talking after the crash (posted Monday on Twitter). But the context or lack of it still leaves many unanswered questions. The actual timing could have been on Monday or Sunday immediately after the wreck. I don't know and I wouldn't want to speculate.

I appreciate the family's right not to divulge any information or details, more than anything else. I would think the first sign or form of respect that anyone from the general public (myself included) can offer is to show them that respect.

<snip>

What was the value of this rant to you? Who benefitted from your uninformed speculation? The man is obviously hurt badly otherwise he wouldn't be unconscious in an ICU unit after being airlifted to what I presume is a Level 1 trauma center. This was one of the worst posts I've read this side of WallStreetBets or 4Chan, my guy.

One of the best to ever do it. If he retired tomorrow, then that’s fine, if he wants to keep doing this, that’s fine as well. Either way he’ll go down as the GOAT imo.

Back
Top Bottom