Ford Performance Boss Believes Carl Edwards Will Come Back

Carl will not run for Ford. Next year they will probably cut the budget and hang the teams out to dry.

If Carl was going to race for Ford next year he could've just kept racing with Gibbs until his contract ended at the end of this year. I truly believe he's retired unless someone needs a backup/relief driver.
Earlier rumor was Suarez's dad, who is a tycoon in Mexico, paid Carl to sit out so his son could step into the family sponsored car.

Carl has no manufacturer loyalties other than who pays him to pitch it. He is every sponsor's dream.

I mean from the standpoint of Carl being a fantastic pitch for a sponsor. Its the same reason why David Regan and Michael McDowell are still driving, they are great for sponsors.

Earlier rumor was Suarez's dad, who is a tycoon in Mexico, paid Carl to sit out so his son could step into the family sponsored car.
It is a pity how the word "rumor" has been cheapened by the advent of social media. Someone makes up sh!t out of thin air, posts it on the internet, and others repeat it saying "the rumors are...."

Where is the accountability, and the question of credibility, that comes with repeating such thin air drivel? Daniel Suarez's father is no tycoon and he has no family company to sponsor race teams. He operates a tiny auto shop that repairs VW Beetles. He doesn't own Arris, nor is he the CEO nor even an employee. He has nothing to do with Arris, which is a publicly owned American company with American management. These facts are widely reported and easily checked.

It is a pity how the word "rumor" has been cheapened by the advent of social media. Someone makes up sh!t out of thin air, posts it on the internet, and others repeat it saying "the rumors are...."

Where is the accountability, and the question of credibility, that comes with repeating such thin air drivel? Daniel Suarez's father is no tycoon and he has no family company to sponsor race teams. He operates a tiny auto shop that repairs VW Beetles. He doesn't own Arris, nor is he the CEO nor even an employee. He has nothing to do with Arris, which is a publicly owned American company with American management. These facts are widely reported and easily checked.
I agree its a stretch.. But lately I cant think of any rumors that didnt end up coming to fruition. It seems like there is always some truth behind rumors. But who knows? Guess we will find out within a year. Personally I hope its true.. Ive always liked Carl and itd be cool(for me) to see him at Penske.. And it might explain why after being wrecked at Homestead he told Joey to go get it instead of Kyle.

But lately I cant think of any rumors that didnt end up coming to fruition. It seems like there is always some truth behind rumors
If that statement were true there'd be at least 6 guys behind the wheel of the #5 car each and every week. Heck, Kasey's been out of that car ever since he climbed behind the wheel.

If that statement were true there'd be at least 6 guys behind the wheel of the #5 car each and every week. Heck, Kasey's been out of that car ever since he climbed behind the wheel.

My thoughts exactly as less than a couple of months ago many of us were lamenting how awful caution clocks and timed races were going to be in 2017. IMO that rumor was started by Nascar and their radio lackeys were told to propagate it so when the real changes were announced we could all say...."well it isn't as bad as I thought it would be."

My thoughts exactly as less than a couple of months ago many of us were lamenting how awful caution clocks and timed races were going to be in 2017. IMO that rumor was started by Nascar and their radio lackeys were told to propagate it so when the real changes were announced we could all say...."well it isn't as bad as I thought it would be."
Not sure many on here would agree with that last sentence. Based solely on what seems to be the general consensuses on this forum.

Jumping back to the Carl Edwards ongoing saga.....

Edwards words.

If I wanted to race next year, I know ‑‑ I've heard, I shut my phone off, but I've heard people think I'm going somewhere else or doing something else. If I'm going to get back in a race car, which I'm not saying the R word here, I've see how that's worked out for guys, but if I'm going to get back in a race car, I'm calling Coach Gibbs first. There is no better race team. There is no faster car than a Toyota Camry. There's no better engine. There's no better crew chief than Dave Rogers. There's no better crew. And I'm going to race here.

Just trying to be the 'nice guy' with the JG remarks? Maybe being completely truthful?

To me, it reads like the door's left open but the door @ JGR has already been slammed shut by his exit. Sure, he can make the courtesy call to Gibbs, knowing that there are no seats to be had. He can then move on to wherever he wishes with a clean conscious. He basically said that he is not retiring so who knows what the future holds for him?

Anyone that would like to revisit the rest of his 'Early Exit' press conference can read more here: http://autoweek.com/article/nascar/...ipt-carl-edwards-retires-nascar#ixzz4bUgRiCmd

I agree its a stretch.. But lately I cant think of any rumors that didnt end up coming to fruition. It seems like there is always some truth behind rumors.
I have spent my entire life being too gullible for my own good. But you, sir, have given a whole new meaning to the word gullible. What do you suppose Carl Edwards did with that $35 million he was paid by Sr. Suarez, the Mexican tycoon who owns Arris? It must be true because Ford222 posted it and now you have vouched for it...?

I guess that VW repair shop in Monterrey is just an elaborate ruse for Suarez. All Mexican tycoons have them, don't they?

I have spent my entire life being too gullible for my own good. But you, sir, have given a whole new meaning to the word gullible. What do you suppose Carl Edwards did with that $35 million he was paid by Sr. Suarez, the Mexican tycoon who owns Arris? It must be true because Ford222 posted it and now you have vouched for it...?

I guess that VW repair shop in Monterrey is just an elaborate ruse for Suarez. All Mexican tycoons have them, don't they?

Come on guys, at least get the rumor right! Carlos Slim is the guy with the money, not Suarez's dad.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...scar-mexico-joe-gibbs-racing-development.html

Thinkin’ this is the third time the thing with Slim ‘n the father has been straightened out on this board. Folks don’t wanna listen.

Where SHR is gettin’ the motors is still an unknown.

It’s all part of what makes “NASCAR fans” amusing.

When did I say anything about Arris or $35 million? :idunno:

I heard it was Carlos Danger that texted young Daniel a package he couldn't refuse so to speak.

My post was what I remember from an article that I believe was linked on this site? I didn't research it because I took it to be just what I said. A rumor. And I don't fact check everything I read here or anywhere. It's all taken with a grain of salt. I'm no professional journalist, didn't think I needed to be to post here. And I don't read EVERY post on this site, barely every post on threads I'm interrested in so if it was debunked 3+ times I missed it. If we are to be pros here to converse, I have to say my creds are lacking.

Back
Top Bottom