Formula BMW International: Phoenix Speedway Race

S

saleen V8

As a Sauber Red Bull Racing fan I was enthused to see the results in Phoenix in this Wednesdays Formula BMW Internationals race. Although starting from a terrible seventh place, Sauber Red Bull Racing's Brook Johnston proved to be well worth every penny finishing second in Wednesdays Formula BMW Internationals race in Phoenix, Arizona. People had their doubts with the new chassis and set ups for the team as well as the two young drivers, but Johnston and teammate Matt Jaskel remain in first and third in the championship points standings with Canadian Cole Collier in second sandwiched between the two Sauber Red Bull Racing drivers. With the hot track temperatures on Wednesday, the Phoenix International Speedway spit several drivers into the wall and providing several accidents and pile-ups. Great job to Sauber Red Bull Racing and I look forward to seeing Brook Johnston bringing home the championship this season! Great racing guys!

Article I Found:
Driver Gustavo Mineira of Italy won Wednesdays race for team PTR motorsports winning a total of 10 points. The race started with a four car incident involving pole sitter Hideki Guramei, and the other three drivers on the first row right off the start. The collision brought out the caution flag putting Gustavo Mineira in first and to keep the lead. Although, coming from a terrible start of seventh place, Team Sauber Red Bull Racing driver and Championship points leader Brook Johnston worked his way up through the pack nearly missing several accidents and placed second overall in Wednesdays race in Phoenix. The American, Johnston, leads the Championship thus far with a total of 32 points after four races. He is followed closely by Cole Collier of Canada with 25 points and Sauber Red Bull Racing teammate Matt Jaskel in third with 20 points. The Formula BMW International Series goes to Monaco for their next race on July fifth.

Back
Top Bottom