FOX "Crank It Up" Question

Crank It Up doesn't bother me, I know where the volume control is.
That stupid start to every race by DW is getting more foolish all the time.
Time to put that man to bed in the special ward.

I like crank it up, beats listening to DW make little girl sounds and watch his brother act like a little girl. Make the broadcast more professional looking. Get some real sport casters in the booth, retired drivers don't belong there imo. Jr won't be any better.

I like crank it up, beats listening to DW make little girl sounds and watch his brother act like a little girl. Make the broadcast more professional looking. Get some real sport casters in the booth, retired drivers don't belong there imo. Jr won't be any better.
I prefer listening to sportscasters that walked the walk. They should be cycled, though, in order to remain current and credible.
I wish DW and Larry Mac would go far, far away from any cameras or microphones.

Maybe one x driver for a driver's perspective, but just because they can drive doesn't mean they can talk.

It would be nice if there was an option to listen to MRN during a race broadcast.

I watched the Bristol race on the NASCAR app and it allowed me to also play MRN while viewing the few cameras they have for the app. Only problem was MRN was just a bit ahead of the video.

I watched the Bristol race on the NASCAR app and it allowed me to also play MRN while viewing the few cameras they have for the app. Only problem was MRN was just a bit ahead of the video.
Yes. MRN is available online but trying to delay the DVR and synchronize the broadcast is more than I want to tackle. :(

Less is always better, and cheaper. There should never be more than two people in the booth. The commentators voice should never be louder(figuratively) than the action on the field. Play by guy should be able to relay any actual excitement, but never have an opinion. Example, joe bucks terrible call at the end of the Vikings/saints game, verses Paul allens. Every insignificant event doesn’t need to be analyzed by the color commentator. And you don’t need to talk, for the purpose of filling dead air.

Also, fewer cameras is key. In car, visor, bumper, hot dog stand cameras should only be a novelty to break monotony, not an immediate go to. The more on track/field action you can capture with a single camera view, the better.

Personally, I think it's an attempt to give the full "at-the-track" feel for the folks watching on TV, of course it doesn't work. If you want the sounds and smells of a Nascar race you have to be there.

I remember the first time I was at Richmond International Speedway it was for a Busch race and as we got out of the car in the parking lot the Cup cars were qualifying for the next day's race. I'll never forget that sound - even with just one car on the track - from a quarter of a mile away - I was hooked.

Harry Gant won the race that night.

Last edited:
I disagree, Harvick, Jeff Gordon, Brad K all sound very professional and give us the real story of how drivers and teams work. DW was OK in his day but lets face it he hasn't driven any of these tracks as they are today nor does he know the cars. His comedy act is boring. His brother is the clown but we don't need clowns in this circus.

I disagree, Harvick, Jeff Gordon, Brad K all sound very professional and give us the real story of how drivers and teams work. DW was OK in his day but lets face it he hasn't driven any of these tracks as they are today nor does he know the cars. His comedy act is boring. His brother is the clown but we don't need clowns in this circus.

Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr., and Adam Alexander would be phenomenal

I miss Buddy Baker on the mic. He was a treasure and a pleasure to listen to. Natural born commentator for this sport. Easygoing, funny, experienced, a wealth of knowledge. The next Buddy is out there somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom