Friday night advice

H

HappyHour

A huge outdoors concert venue (Nissan Pavillion) is about 3 miles from my neighborhood. Whenever there's a big concert, local roads are temporarily closed, traffic's a nightmare, and if you don't like the group playing, well close your windows.

As a peace offering, they have instituted a program to provide free lawn tickets to certain concerts to local residents.

Here's the dilema, looking for something fun and different to do tonight, but tonight's free concert is an aging hairband fest with Poison, Cinderella, Winger and Faster Pussycat. Now I was the biggest 80's rocker-chick and loved them back when, but do y'all think the show would be any good? Free tickets but would have to put up w/ traffic.

Here's the dilema, looking for something fun and different to do tonight, but tonight's free concert is an aging hairband fest with Poison, Cinderella, Winger and Faster Pussycat. Now I was the biggest 80's rocker-chick and loved them back when, but do y'all think the show would be any good?

Only if you are extremely intoxicated. :D But then, you wouldn't be able to drive.

Happy, last year when they were there, wasn't that bad...but then again, I wasn't driving......:D I'd go to the show if I were you.

When Buffett comes around, I try to make his show there. We used to make an all-day affair with it, tailgating, cooking out, ect...it was a blast.

Hey fergie, didn't realize you were from my neck of the woods, Howdy! Whereabouts do you live?

Yeah, made it to the Buffett show a couple weeks ago, crazy scene! Had a blast at the tailgate, people next to us had a tiki bar set up and were passing out margaritas. Unfortunately, the sun/alcohol mix was a bit much for some in our group, and I had to babysit. :rolleyes:

I'm leaning towards going, just because it's such an awesome day out!

If the weather holds we're going to Old Dominion tomorrow night for the Nascar/Dodge weekly series. Can't wait!

Can't get with Winger. Always wanted to see Pussycat, I love them. Poison is boring live. Cinderella is better on CD than live.

There is something coming around here with Tesla (OK but not great), Vince Neil (the least talented dude in the band), Jackyl (GREAT band, but the guitarists quit to play Christian, now there's a leap), Skid Row (no Sebastian, so no use in it) and somebody else. I cannot imagine how mediocre that will be.

Back
Top Bottom