Front Row Joe needs 2003 ride

H

HardScrabble

Read at Jayski's that Totally NASCAR reports the Joe Nemechek will not be hired to drive the HMS #25 nest season.

I have no clue who at HMS pulls the trigger on decisions for this team, but apparently whoever it is doesn't have one either! (clue that is)

This is turning out to be one of the best silly seasons ever. Sponsors want winners, owners want winners, and drivers don't want to drive for teams that don't have quality stuff.

Is it any wonder that more than a few owners are going after the unproven youngins? Experience may count but if all you've ever done is ride around what have you really got to offer an established team? Besides, the kids are cheaper.

The way that the #25 team is running they should just shut it down. Their performance is terrible and their luck is even worse. I think Joe has wreck a car just about every weekend since he stepped into that ride.(Not all his fault of course)

it's not the driver of the 25 car.................it's the junk that gets poured into it.................how many wins does the 25 car have?????????

if they ever get someone decent in there, only time will tell

Other than Rudd, this has slowly been becomming one of the most predictable silly seasons. Lol. Of course Joe wasn't going to be in that ride next year, did they really have to announce it? He's having the same runs Nadeau was: either the car runs mid-pack or up front and wrecks.

Next driver, please, can't be the team's fault, of course. *sarcasm alert*

i really have no idea what the problem is but more than liekly it is the car bc Joe seemed not to wreck all that much in the 33 car, its a shame that joe was not able to stay with the 26 car he might have been doing pretty good with the way that team has been lately

It may be that Joe's longevity in the #25 was questionable. Still I was hopeful, and still believe , that with Brian Pattie and Joe working together they could improve significantly on the results. Joe was talking either this race or last, that the two of them are just now getting to run the chassis that have been built to wishes. Up till this point they have run whatever was inherited.

Joe and Brian were fairly successful together in the BGN ranks and IMO are fully capable of putting a competitve car in WC as well. It would please me greatly to see them rip off two or three poles and a handful of top ten finishes with a win thrown in for good mesure over the next 7 or 8 races. It would please me and not be a great shock either.

I think it's time for Hendrick to bring Jack Sprague up to the WC level and see what he's got. I'm not a Sprague fan at all, but Hendrick spent alot of money grooming him in the trucks and now Bush series. It's time to see if he has what it takes.

Would he bring Ricky up to Cup this early?

Well Jack is coming up next year in the number 60 Haas car he is racing some races this eyar in it maybe this is part of the goal to move jack and the sponcer over to the 25 next year

I agree. Jack Sprague can drive anything under him. He should be put in that car to see what he does with the big boys. Ricky is in no situation to be up to this level already. If Rick brings him up he is being very selfish. Give Jack a shot.

I agree totally about Ricky not being ready, but being the son of Rick Hendrick will probably determine his entry into Cup more then his experience or driving ability will.

Sprague has earned his chance though.

Before ya know it Coy Gibbs will be drivin a 3rd Gibbs car. Most likely same for Kerry. Jason Jarrett, Steadman Marlin, and all of the other respected names will find there way to cup, sooner than they should be.

Coy Gibbs is starting to come into his own I think. He is nowhere close to being ready for a Cup ride, but he is getting kind of racy in the Truck series. I find myself rooting for him when i watch a truck race.

I'm fairly sure the UAW-Delphi deal is good through 2003.

The Haas Automation WC car, originally to debut at Charlotte in May, is now scheduled to run at NHIS, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Homestead this season and move full time to WC in 2003.

When Nadeau was released by HMS in May I half jokingly said that Ricky Hendrick would be the next driver. It might be that he will indeed be the next non-replacement driver of the #25.

i think he need to wait a few more years and get the #5 when labonte retires--ricky really hasnt impresses me enough for him to deserve the ride--not yet neways

Gibbs has already announced that he will field a second Busch car next year for Coy. I've been pretty impressed with his performance in the CTS this year and hope he can back it up in Busch next year.

Coy is doing a good job in the trucks and was not doing all that bad in the couple BGN races he has done this yer. He was running good at Dega when the big one happened and just like in daytona 500 cup race in 2001 the 2 gibbs cars ended up on top each other.

Originally posted by JB99
I think it's time for Hendrick to bring Jack Sprague up to the WC level and see what he's got. I'm not a Sprague fan at all, but Hendrick spent alot of money grooming him in the trucks and now Bush series. It's time to see if he has what it takes.

Would he bring Ricky up to Cup this early?

i dont believe you are going to see what sprat brat has if he gets unfortunate enough to land in the doomed #25:eek:

Jack is not eligble for Rookie status is he i know he has raced a few times in the early 90's as a sub and a few races here and there since then but its been a while so will he be able to run for rookie of the year??

if he ever ran more than 6 races in one season, then he is not eligable(spelling might be off) for the rookie of the year race.

Back
Top Bottom