FS1 axing Race Hub?

CamelPowered

Jimmy Spencer Never Forgets!
http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/why-fox-sports-1s-pivot-to-embrace-debate-is-doomed-to-fail.html

According to an industry source, this is likely what FOX Sports 1’s daytime and evening TV schedule will look like once Horowitz’s vision is complete at the end of 2016:

10 AM-NOON: “First Take” knockoff ft. Skip Bayless & (likely) Shannon Sharpe

NOON-3 PM: “The Herd with Colin Cowherd” (radio simulcast)

3 PM-6 PM: Another radio simulcast

6 PM-7 PM: “Speak For Yourself” ft. Colin Cowherd & Jason Whitlock

Nice Monica Lewinsky mention in the article.

That's always refreshing.

Just like with everything on internet, take this with a grain of salt

Maybe they are moving RH to late in the evening/night .

They're trying to be a carbon copy of ESPN 5 years too late. We all know how annoyed with ESPN the general population is today, I haven't watched their programming in years.

I can't see them killing off Racehub though, it honestly is a quality TV show.

Didn't I read somewhere that Race Hub is one of FS1's rare ratings bright spots? I'd expect it to rank well ahead of NBCSN's counterpart, which is very dull IMO.

Didn't I read somewhere that Race Hub is one of FS1's rare ratings bright spots? I'd expect it to rank well ahead of NBCSN's counterpart, which is very dull IMO.
It is dull compare to RH, but sometimes, thats not a bad thing

Just like with everything on internet, take this with a grain of salt

Maybe they are moving RH to late in the evening/night .

I think they'll get rid of it. The powers that be at FS1 have tunnel vision about wanting to be a ESPN clone.

I think they'll get rid of it. The powers that be at FS1 have tunnel vision about wanting to be a ESPN clone.
Correct, that is the whole behind FS1/2, to compete with ESPN , but even ESPN had NASCAR Now, so I am not gong to say that FS is going to shyt can Race Hub just yet.

I agree with the article's idea that Katie Nolan should be the face of Fox Sports 1.
I have no idea what a "Garbage Time" is, but yes, she does have the face to be "face" of FS1 :D

I don't like NASCAR America's hosts. The show is good for information but the presentation is drab. And Burton/Petty/Letarte aren't horrible, and I think Burton and Letarte do well in the booth during the races, but on a news show they're kind of boring to me.

If I were going to go out to the bar with the NASCAR America guys or could choose Danielle Trotta/AA/Allmendinger I would definitely hangout with the Race Hub crew.

They probably just wanna bring back Leeann Tweeden and NASCAR Nation.

I think I'd say the same thing about Adam Alexander.

I could see Adam Alexander replacing Mike Joy when he decides to retire. Which probably won't be too much longer. He's been in the booth for almost 30 years.

139,000 viewers on average for Race Hub the week of May 23-25 and 27. 80,000 for NASCAR America.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/nbcsn-and-fox-sports-ratings-buzz-may-23-29.html

NASCAR America moves to 6 PM next Monday, and I imagine that will help them out at least a little bit.

NASCAR America's ratings will increase when the races move to NBC and people are in the habit of watching NBCSN. Last year, that show did better ratings from July on out.

NBCSN's ratings are largely irrelevant though. I don't think they matter. NBCSN's able to sell advertisers because they have loyal audiences in NASCAR, NHL and INDYCAR as well as their coverage of the Olympics -- which is more than just the Summer and Winter Games. NBCSN is a niche network in every since of the word and, in today's world, that's a good thing.

I agree with the article's idea that Katie Nolan should be the face of Fox Sports 1.

I would marry Katie Nolan. And that show is hilarious.

If I were going to go out to the bar with the NASCAR America guys or could choose Danielle Trotta/AA/Allmendinger I would definitely hangout with the Race Hub crew.

I'd love to go to the bar with Danielle Trotta :wub: Heh.

"The 1 for Fun" failed, so FS1 is still searching for identity. Actually, I like how the article in the OP brought up CNN, FNC and MSNBC and I'll elaborate on that before pivoting back to FS1.

Around that same time, MSNBC was frantically searching for identity. MSNBC was NBC News when I started watching and, honestly, WAY ahead of its time. In 2002, they became "America's News Channel" and opted to replace headline news with talk shows. They started abandoning that because news events (the DC sniper shootings and the countdown to war) dictated more headline news coverage.

In 2003, they went back to NBC News and stayed that way for several years. But, they found their identity in primetime with Keith Olbermann and eventually morphed into a progressive POV network.

The progressive "Lean Forward" stuff worked for a while, but last year, when they got Brian Williams and Kate Snow from NBC News, they went back to headline news.

FS1 reminds me of MSNBC in a lot of ways. They're desperately looking for someone to be the face of that network. They've cancelled some good shows along the way already. I really liked America's Pregame.

Personally, I think they should have Erin Andrews host a program every night. Only problem there is that Erin Andrews is incredibly unpopular with sports fans. But, she still generates ratings and is clearly one of the faces of Fox Sports.

It is dull compare to RH, but sometimes, thats not a bad thing

NASCAR America is very procedural.

In defense of Race Hub, it's hard to fill a one hour show each night with content. All the NASCAR websites struggle to do it as well, which is why they post Danica yoga pictures. Baseball, hockey and basketball are everyday sports. NFL has 32 teams and every player has a story that can be told. NASCAR has 43 drivers and, while they all have pit crews, none of the crew members are as prominent in the sport as a defensive back is in the NFL (which needs to change, by the way).

I mean, "headline news" in this sport is a P3 penalty -- which happens every week. Most weeks, there's nothing to talk about during the week and, what happens in the race, it's worn out by Tuesday.

I have a short track site and struggle to get content during the week at all, because our region only runs once a week. And this has easily been the worst year for asphalt short track racing I've ever seen. With the exception of two racetracks, car counts are way down across the board. And the two tracks that are up don't really have any stories to tell or any names. Factor in that almost every racetrack cancels every week because it rains every Saturday in the Southeast and racetracks refuse to run any of the other six nights.

I don't know how NASCAR Race Hub has lasted as long as it has for those reasons. I've watched a few times and you could tell they couldn't think of anything to fill their airtime with. One reason I like NASCAR America is that it's only a half hour during the months NBC doesn't have NASCAR. While procedural, they don't have as much problem filing content.

I could see Adam Alexander replacing Mike Joy when he decides to retire. Which probably won't be too much longer. He's been in the booth for almost 30 years.
I swear I will stab my eyeballs and ear drums with ice picks if Adam Alexander replaces Mike Joy. The dude will rattle off about 48 words to say exactly what Mike Joy said in 10 words.

Mike Joy: Chase Elliott goes low and powers past Kenseth into second place.

Adam Alexander: As the field starts its third lap after the green flag following the caution period, Chase Elliott steers to the low groove in the number 24 car made famous by my FS! colleague Jeff Gordon, and makes the pass on Matt Kenseth in the yellow 20 car, the 20 year old rookie from Dawsonville, Georgia making his first start in the Nascar Sprint Cup Series at the tricky triangle and running in the top 5. (OK, not a real quote, but really is how I regard Adam "Paid-by-the-Word" Alexander.)

I swear I will stab my eyeballs and ear drums with ice picks if Adam Alexander replaces Mike Joy. The dude will rattle off about 48 words to say exactly what Mike Joy said in 10 words.

Mike Joy: Chase Elliott goes low and powers past Kenseth into second place.

Adam Alexander: As the field starts its third lap after the green flag following the caution period, Chase Elliott steers to the low groove in the number 24 car made famous by my FS! colleague Jeff Gordon, and makes the pass on Matt Kenseth in the yellow 20 car, the 20 year old rookie from Dawsonville, Georgia making his first start in the Nascar Sprint Cup Series at the tricky triangle and running in the top 5. (OK, not a real quote, but really is how I regard Adam "Paid-by-the-Word" Alexander.)

Everyone loved Allen Bestwick.

Keep the children away from the TV.

The man don't talk good English...

4 hours of Colin Cowherd? Yeccchhhh. I'd rather hear cats fornicate for 4 hours than to have to listen to that d-bag for 5 minutes.

I like Colin because he doesn't pretend to be anything other than a douchebag. What I can stand is the "talent" who pretends to be something other than a douchebag. Think majority of NASCAR Radio.

I heard they were giving Dave Moody a new show in racehubs place plus expanding it a couple of hours - that is, if he turns down the offer to drive the 5 next year.
I'd love that, I love Dave Moody, puts idiots in their place where they deserve.

I'd love that, I love Dave Moody, puts idiots in their place where they deserve.
He does do that, but my problem with Moody is that he also does it with some callers who make valid points. If a caller's statement doesn't 100% tow the NASCAR company line, Moody does his damndest to humiliate them on the air. It's no way to treat your listeners, without them his sh!tty little show wouldn't exist.

He does do that, but my problem with Moody is that he also does it with some callers who make valid points. If a caller's statement doesn't 100% tow the NASCAR company line, Moody does his damndest to humiliate them on the air. It's no way to treat your listeners, without them his sh!tty little show wouldn't exist.
Yet, we, err me, still listen. :D

Long time Moody fan. Listened to his show long before it was just a NASCAR oriented broadcast. Nothing has really changed with his demeanor over the years. People still listen. He's got an audience.

Yet, we, err me, still listen. :D

Long time Moody fan. Listened to his show long before it was just a NASCAR oriented broadcast. Nothing has really changed with his demeanor over the years. People still listen. He's got an audience.
I will say Moody isn't my least favorite personality on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio. That award goes to Kenny Wallace. He's like a less talented, more annoying version of Michael Waltrip. Just a piece of advice Kenny, cursing is only effective when you do it sparingly. It loses its shock value when you do it every third word. It's a shame that on The Late Shift we had to go from Buddy Baker to....that.

Back
Top Bottom