Funny Car Fire

The track in Ennis TX where she had the fire today is the same track where we licensed her a few years ago when she wanted to step up to a nitro funny car from her alcohol funny car. Alexis and her dad John Paul DeJoria are some of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of working around. You would never know they were billionaires the way they treated all of us on the team and she was a natural behind the wheel and probably one of the easiest drivers we ever licensed. But, she has had a share of scary incidents as the one 2 weeks ago when she had an engine explosion in St Louis or the when she made her quickest pass ever in her alcohol funny car in Englishtown NJ and her chutes ripped off the back of her car.

Alexis has had some amazing wins also like winning the US Nationals in Indy in 2014.

When she went back down into the car I was afraid she had been overcome by the fumes/smoke. They need better on-board fire suppression IMO. But oil fires can be tough to deal with.

When she went back down into the car I was afraid she had been overcome by the fumes/smoke. They need better on-board fire suppression IMO. But oil fires can be tough to deal with.
The fire system usually works really good. That was an old school fire and I haven't seen one like that in a few years. I haven't talked to anyone so I don't know what happened.

Here is episode 1 of a series they did about her that kind of gives a little insight of who she is.

Back
Top Bottom