fury..anybody..HELP!

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
My dad's work computer (read: important non-backed up docs) just had a hard drive failure..this happened a few days ago but a reboot fixed, not so this time around. Even put his HDD in my computer, my computer declared it unformatted. Is there anyway to recover the contents? He works in the medical industry so ne needs them docs!

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

8-26-06001.jpg

8-26-06002.jpg

8-26-06003.jpg

it sounds crazy but try putting your hard drive in a baggie and freezing it overnight. then install it and see if it will boot up. if it does make sure you backup any important data before shutting it down again. once it heats up look for it to fail again :(

Some forums may give you a bunch of things to try out, I had this happen to me a few times when the "table of contents" got screwed up. Put the HDD in you computer as slave and download "File scavenger" http://www.quetek.com/prod02.htm and it will see what files it can recover, But you have to pay to recover the items...It's well worth the 30 or so bucks.
If it's a table of contents issue the freezer won't help.

actually it's a SATA, so no slave function. I think it's toast, the HDD was at 135 degreed farenheit when i took it out of the computer today and put a new 120 GB IDE HDD in.

actually it's a SATA, so no slave function. I think it's toast, the HDD was at 135 degreed farenheit when i took it out of the computer today and put a new 120 GB IDE HDD in.
Since you put windows on the IDE, You can leave the sata in there and use the program just to check if it finds any data? It's free to try.

if nothing else works there is a place i send company HDD to in colorado, they are awsome, but not cheap. Anywhere from 800.00 and up. but if the Docs are very important then its worth it.

if nothing else works there is a place i send company HDD to in colorado, they are awsome, but not cheap. Anywhere from 800.00 and up. but if the Docs are very important then its worth it.

:eek: $800,000???

no thats a period in there. :)

Back
Top Bottom