Gainsco/Bob Stallings testing in north Tx

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
Didn't know this..had forgotten the place existed as new as it is. I'd like to eventually go down and see it.

http://www.eaglescanyon.com/

GAINSCO Racing and Cristiano da Matta mount historic Rolex Series DP test at Eagles Canyon

On March 27, 2008, Eagles Canyon Raceway was honored to host a monumental test by the GAINSCO/Bob Stallings Racing Grand-Am Rolex Series Daytona Prototype team. The team is fresh from winning the 2007 DP championship with full time co-drivers Alex Gurney and Jon Fogarty; and working toward a repeat in the 2008 season.

Of historical note is the first return to a racecar of former Champ Car champion and Formula 1 driver Cristiano da Matta who was critically injured in a freak testing accident more than 19 months ago at Road America. The two successful test days not only proved that da Matta had regained his superb driving abilities, but also landed him a co-drive with Jimmy Vasser in GAINSCO Racing's second DP entry later in the 2008 season.

We were extremely pleased to hear compliments on the ECR track facility from the team management and drivers. Da Matta quickly found a rhythm with the track layout and soon began to turn out some blistering lap times in his very first track session. ECR would like to sincerely thank GAINSCO/Bob Stallings Racing for choosing our facility and congratulate Cristiano on his return to what we hope is long and continued success in his professional racing career.

This is great. Hope you got a list of who joined these teats and what happened?
The rankings I mean.

i believe it was a private test so i doubt they turned much info public. But ECR is only a few months old and isn't even finished. The track and office is there but thats about it. They built the track to FIA's strict rules so that the F1 guys can even test there safely (the pavement has to be consistent enough to hold the vacuum as well as abrasion and everything else).

Back
Top Bottom