Ganassi Closing Down IRL team?

N

Nascar24rainbow

AutoRacing1.com is reporting that the IRL series will be loosing one of its top teams at the end of the season. Target Chip Ganassi Racing will be closing its Indianapolis offices at the end of the IRL season. No CART team, no IRL team. They are currently looking at offers on the property and equipment. They are looking to take Scott Dixon with them to NASCAR land. There is a very small chance, that if they win the championship, they would continue on for one more season. There are some at Ganassi, that are looking for funding to buy the operation, and continue on in open wheel racing, CART or the IRL.

This is a false report! Robin Miller is on te CART payroll and he is the one who started this. CART is having this reported as a rumor to draw attenstion away from the current CART situation, where they are having to sell the series and start cutting costs. CART will nto be around in another 2 years.

I post at a IRL board that has alot of people in the know and all of them are saying this is a completly false report. Just soem smoke and mirrors from CART

http://espn.go.com/rpm/cart/2003/0619/1570321.html
Yep it's false.
This is at the bottom of the Cart article
PB, look who wrote it :D

Ganassi says he's staying
Chip Ganassi claims that Internet rumors of his leaving the IRL are erroneous.

"I'm not leaving Indianapolis or the IRL, I'm fully committed to the IRL," said Ganassi from his Pittsburgh office. "Target isn't going away either. Somebody said people within my team are going to buy me out and I can assure you that ain't happening either.

"I don't know where this stuff comes from but it's bull ..."

Asked about a report in Autosport that Scott Dixon (one of his IRL drivers) would be testing Toyota's F1 car later this summer, Ganassi responded: "He can test all he wants, I've got him under contract."

Back
Top Bottom