Ganassi names new president

tkj24

Team Owner
SCENEDAILY - 12:07PM ET THURSDAY JULY 19, 2007 - BY SCENEDAILY STAFF REPORT

Chip Ganassi Racing Teams, Inc., officials announced that Steve "Jake" Lauletta has been named president of the organization.

Lauletta will oversee all aspects of Chip Ganassi Racing's business and marketing operations, including both its Concord, N.C., and Indianapolis facilities. He will be charged with creating and implementing the company's overall strategic direction as it relates to sponsorship acquisition and retention, organizational branding and communications and league partnerships.

"I am very excited to bring a guy of Steve's caliber to our operation," team owner Chip Ganassi said. "With his strong background in sports marketing and specifically in racing, I know he will be a tremendous asset to us. Because of his previous experiences, he knows and completely understands the racing landscape as it exists in both NASCAR and IndyCar, which is something that I was looking for in this position. He brings so much to the table."

Lauletta was formerly the president of Radiate Sports, the sports marketing division of Omnicom's Radiate Group, a global network of independently branded marketing service agencies. He was with Miller Brewing Co. for 11 years, serving in a variety of marketing leadership positions, including director of sports and event marketing.

Back
Top Bottom