Gasparelli Flips TAFC

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
Wow, I admittedly have not watched a lot of Funny Car racing, but I never seen one roll of the start like that. Did you see the camera men not budge when he hit the wall. I would have to change my drawls after that.

Wow, I admittedly have not watched a lot of Funny Car racing, but I never seen one roll of the start like that. Did you see the camera men not budge when he hit the wall. I would have to change my drawls after that.

He's well known and from europe. I dont know his name, but i get this info from another message board. He's usually right there along the wall, and he's even taken shrapnel to the head before. Brave, for sure!

John Force went in the sandtrap, and ended the season without a single final round win! Last time he went the entire season without a win, Reagan was alive and kicking at The White House.

The Countdown to 1 totally sucks. I'm so pissed Robert Hight won the championship. Go back to the US Nationals -- John Force tanking his run so Robert would make the Countdown. Hight didn't deserve the championship. :mad:

I'm so glad IHRA is bringing nitro categories back in 2010. NHRA is ruining drag racing... first the Countdown, then 1,000 foot. I wonder what knee jerk reaction they'll come up with next.:rolleyes:

John Force went in the sandtrap, and ended the season without a single final round win! Last time he went the entire season without a win, Reagan was alive and kicking at The White House.

The Countdown to 1 totally sucks. I'm so pissed Robert Hight won the championship. Go back to the US Nationals -- John Force tanking his run so Robert would make the Countdown. Hight didn't deserve the championship. :mad:

But it was fun to watch the Pedregon sisters throw a hissy...

Another gallery. Definately blew an oil line.

http://public.fotki.com/DRAGHEADPHOTOS/steve-gasperelli-cr/

http://www.insidetopalcohol.com/showthread.php?t=27746

Steve Gasparrelli said:
I want to relay my and the whole Gasparrelli Team's thanks to everyone who who called or wish me well on ITA after the accident. Much appreciated! Nice to have good friends to compete with and firends who care about you when **** goes wrong.

The accident was caused by the pressure side oil line from the oil pump bursting and spraying oil under the right side of the car right after the launch. The car made a very quick right turn in its oil and the poor car got crunched into the right hand wall after that

I am absolutely fine. Not even a scratch... Just shows again how safe these cars are today. NHRA was right there and checked me out before I hopped back in the tow vehicle. I was most bummed out about ruining the track for the rest of the alcohol guys...sorry again to all (especially the TAD guys who got pushed back).

We worked most of the day Sunday to strip the car and Bones and Little Don drove all day and night to Hadman's (thanks guys!). Car is being fixed as I type this.

Even though we had a bad Finals, all in all we had a good year. Finished #9 in the nation and #2 to O'bannon in D7...

See you all at Pomona in 2010!

Steve

IMG_1499-vi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom