Gee...

I guess the Panella car had it figured out...too bad Geofrion was a little late in the finals.

Didn't get to see todays action, watched qualifing yesterday though. The left lane is definatly a reject lane. The Panella car was defintely good, but he got beat by a guy thats on fire. Greg Anderson last two reaction times were .001 and .003, thats tuff.

Did you see Big Daddys qualifing run? I don't know how he saved that, whoo eee. Its looking like Tony S's change is paying off. He is running the McKinney chassis, new fuel system, new clutch and lookin good with it.

What do you think of Darrell Russell's downforce car? Something like 1400 ft/lbs more on the rear. The guy is 4th in points running a Hadman chassis. We going to see more of these cars?

I'd like to see Russell do well. I'm a long time Amato fan. Took advantage of his hospitality tent for some years when he and his brothers owned Keystone Automotive Wharehouse...I didn't watch Top Fuel though.

I caught Pro Stock though! The dip in the left lane just after the transition resulted in turning some fine machinery into trash!

NHRA finally offered a rules break on the rear wing, but nobody took them up on it? I did notice a close up on Geoffrion's wing and noticed he has more lip than I bet anybody else runs....hmmm...makes me wonder if their standard setup is too far on the "stable" side and hurting them at the better tracks?

Was the rule change the thing with the spill plate? or was this just for this track? Why wouldn't you jump all over that.

I don't know about Geoffrion's wing, mabey the Ford is a little slicker and has less downforce. It would seem that it would hurt him on smooth tracks. His 2 best finishes were at Houston and there at Columbus.

I don't think they altered the spill plate, but opened up the rules on length and "wicker bill". Yeah, you'd think it would be a no-brainer to go with it.

ok.

I found more stuff on the spill plates...

In an effort to increase downtrack stability in Pro Stock, the NHRA Technical department has implemented the following rule amendment to the 2003 NHRA Rulebook. Effective immediately for the Sears Craftsman NHRA Nationals in Madison, Ill., the mandatory height of the spill plates is six (6) inches with a +/- 1/8-inch variance. The spill plate must be attached to the spoiler so that a mandatory one (1) inch extends above the spoiler, with a +/- 1/8-inch variance. Spill plate may not extend more than two (2) inches past rear of spoiler, measured from where it attaches to the spoiler. Spill plate may not be attached to the quarterpanel nor extend along the quarterpanel. Spill plate extensions prohibited.

The new spill plate design will have a one-race moratorium on the color matching the body requirement, but must still display the POWERade Drag Racing Series decal.

I was refering to changes just for last weeks event. They supposedly threw the ruke book away as far as wing length and wicker bill height.

I heard yesterday that some more permanent rear wing changes were in place. I thought there was more than spill plate changes??? Have you heard anything about new mandatory wing length and wicker bill height?

No haven't heard anything about the mandatory wing lenght and wicker bill. If they go into effect the same time and the spill plates, then I think I will see next week in St. Louis. All of this is because of bouncy tracks i susspose, then how about the good surfaced tracks? will we see a loss in speed?

Back
Top Bottom