Georgetown Speedway, Delaware

VaDirt

Dirt Track Fanatic
Georgetown Speedway, not far down the road from Dover, is a bad-fast 1/2 mile dirt track. I love this place, and everyone should check it out. It's been closed a few years, but they are trying their best to bring 'er back to life.

http://www.luvracin.com/03_writers/A_VA_Dirt_L.htm is my page on LuvRacin.com, and the gallery is the top one.

Georgetown, Delaware - Under new management, and finally racing again, Georgetown Speedway held their 5 event of 2012 with a great field of cars and fans. Usually held on Fridays and labeled "Friday Night Lights," this week was held on Saturday, as nearby Delaware International Raceway was not running. And Georgetown put on their biggest most ambitious show yet, with 8 divisions of cars hitting the track. This large 1/2 dirt oval has seen great improvements in the racing surface, and the staff works hard to produce a great night of racing for everyone. Saturday night's special event saw Big Block Modifieds, Super Late Models, Crate Modifieds, Crate Late Models, Mod Lights, Chargers, Super Trucks and Vintage Cars, as well as a special tribute to a fallen fan.

I'll have to look into it I live only an hour north of Dover and never heard of it.

I'll have to look into it I live only an hour north of Dover and never heard of it.

It's been idle for three or four years, and they finally got it going again for 5 races this year. Not sure what's going to happen next year, but talk is they'll run twice a month. It's about 40 minutes south of Dover, and the track is on 113 just south of Georgetown.

It's been idle for three or four years, and they finally got it going again for 5 races this year. Not sure what's going to happen next year, but talk is they'll run twice a month. It's about 40 minutes south of Dover, and the track is on 113 just south of Georgetown.
My dad probably knows where its at he drives a truck down that area everyday.

Back
Top Bottom