Gerbils drunk in the booth?

Think I’m one of the only folks who like the announce team on NBC. They are a really great bunch.
Rick Allen forces his excitement and it comes off completely fake, Burton is knowledgeable and for the most part listenable but that high note he hits seeks out my spinal cord and temporarily paralyses me. Jr is great, he's real and sounds like he makes his call from the seat.

Rick Allen forces his excitement and it comes off completely fake, Burton is knowledgeable and for the most part listenable but that high note he hits seeks out my spinal cord and temporarily paralyses me. Jr is great, he's real and sounds like he makes his call from the seat.
Hey no need to explain to me. You don’t care for it and I do. That’s fine by me, unlike some here, cough cough, I’m not gonna attack someone for disliking something I like.

Hey no need to explain to me. You don’t care for it and I do. That’s fine by me, unlike some here, cough cough, I’m not gonna attack someone for disliking something I like.
I was just having a conversation.

And that’s fine.

I think I like it because Jeff Burton was my first favorite driver and Dale Jr was my favorite after him. So having my first two favs one one network is pretty fun.
I wouldn't use that for my criteria of what makes good announcing, but I think many do.

I don't have a problem with NBC announcers. My only gripe is when Jr. & Burton scream after a wreck. Other than that, they're pretty decent.

I think people whine too much. Don't have any issues with Fox either. Mike Joy is solid.

I wouldn't use that for my criteria of what makes good announcing, but I think many do.
I mean we all have our things. I got this, you have, things you do as well I don’t agree with. But I enjoy hearing the people I grew up a fan of out there. To each their own.

It is a sad commentary when the guys in the Nascar booth could have learned something from a more intelligent wrestling announcer

It is all about the racers, thats what the people come for, not the play by play pretenders.

What I hate about NBC is that each person in the booth spends a whole lap explaining their viewpoint on a topic. All 4 of 'em... and they're always saying the same thing/repeating themselves. They've cleaned up a bit but it's still awful. You'll see someone get loose from contact and ALL FOUR say the exact same ****** thing in their own words.

Reactions: sdj
What I hate about NBC is that each person in the booth spends a whole lap explaining their viewpoint on a topic. All 4 of 'em... and they're always saying the same thing/repeating themselves. They've cleaned up a bit but it's still awful. You'll see someone get loose from contact and ALL FOUR say the exact same ****** thing in their own words.
It's tough listening to the broadcast at times. It's embarrassing to admit I listen to the broadcast.

The only problem with their broadcast is the fact there's 4 of them doing a job meant for 2 or 3 guys, but even with that working against them they don't bother me as much as they bother a lot of you on here

I think it would be better if they just STFU once in a while.
That's why I have had to switch to PRN. I get a headache trying to process some of the nonsense B.S. they come up with. Half the time one is drowning out the other one it's a mess. PRN is no picnic but it's easier to follow and they seem to treat each driver fairly instead of (insert driver/MFG here) feature show.

Reactions: sdj
That's why I have had to switch to PRN. I get a headache trying to process some of the nonsense B.S. they come up with. Half the time one is drowning out the other one it's a mess. PRN is no picnic but it's easier to follow and they seem to treat each driver fairly instead of (insert driver/MFG here) feature show.

How does PRN sync up with the video from NBC? Is there a delay from video to audio or vice versa? If so how long?

How does PRN sync up with the video from NBC? Is there a delay from video to audio or vice versa? If so how long?
PRN is about a lap ahead of the gerbils. I've seen enough races that I can look at a restart and not lose my mind like the gerbils do.

Have the tv and radio broadcast on, when they start playing the national anthem on the tv pause it, then when they get to it on the radio unpause the tv. Thats the way to to sync up Sirius XM if you have that

Jeff Gordon fans.... @StandOnIt Line 1.
I thought Gordon was good in the booth. I've read your opinion(s) on that subject. Boyer isn't the best, will he improve? I really like what Fox does with pulling in drivers into the booth for Xfinity and the Trucks. If it isn't enough for Cup, NBC cheaps out and uses the gerbils for Xfinity as if one race isn't enough..and it ends up in a Ty love fest instead of calling the race.

Back
Top Bottom