Getting hitched at Bristol?

A

abooja

Free tickets to the Bristol night race might be the only good reason I can see for getting married. Not anymore, however. :(

http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/3838271.htm

Here come the Bristol brides
By DAVID POOLE
The Charlotte Observer

Bristol Motor Speedway officials will allow couples to get married at the track on race day this year, but there's a catch - members of the wedding party must have their own tickets to the Aug. 24 Sharpie 500.

"We didn't want to encourage people to get married, divorced and remarried each year just so they could get tickets to the night race," track president Jeff Byrd said.

The track has had a policy of discouraging weddings at the track on race day, but Byrd said that goes against Bristol's basic philosophy of giving the fans what they want. Byrd expects more than a dozen couples to exchange vows in ceremonies beginning at 11 a.m. on Aug. 24.

All of the couples will have to meet fulfill all license requirements and meet with Sullivan County's Deputy Clerk Sue Jones, who will officiate over all proceedings.

I guess Bristol is appropriate for a marriage.A lot of bruised emotions,And pushing each other around, only thinking of themselfs in order to get ahead.A lot of hand jestures showing anger at another,And leaving at the end with an empty walllet.Sure sounds like marriage to me.:p

Back
Top Bottom