Votes: 0 0.0%
  • worse

• dont care

• Total voters
J

judas1

i think they will start off the first two or three races a bit off, but then they will come back with a vengence

I think Bobby will have a better season. I think Tony will not have as good a season. I think neither of these statements have one thing to do with Chevy.

With winning two championships with Pontiac,I question the change by Gibbs.

The poor showing by the #18 team this season was more of a surprise thatn the good showing by the #20 team. Bobby had his worst season since joining Gibbs in 1995 with no poles and only 7 top 10's this year.

Next year the #20 remains basically intact, with the #18 team undergoing a crew chief change as McSwain steps in for Jimmy Makar. The immediate effect of Crew Chief changes remain virtually impossible to predict.

Gibbs Racing will not only switch to Chevy but will faced, as will all of the teams, with new templates and a standardized body location for 2003.

I look for the #18 team to struggle early as Bobby and Mike adapt to each other on raceday, but to have a better season than this year. The #20 team should remain strong.

I'd bet that the decision to switch back to Chevy was based entirely on how bad Bobby was doing, and not how well Tony was doing. They just weren't getting results from that team, so they decided a new make was the best option. I still find it kind of ironic, that they made the switch after doing much of the development testing for the new (and much improved) Grand Prix. Instead, they're casting their lot with an overcrowded Bowtie Brigade.

Originally posted by judas1
i think they will start off the first two or three races a bit off, but then they will come back with a vengence

I basically agree here. I think it might take longer than a few weeks though. I voted for the same.

I think once they figure them out they will stay about the same.

Chevy, Ford, Pontiac....pretty interchangeable. Dodge, questionable.

Look what Biffle did in his sub role this year in the cars he drove.

Weekly go nowhere cars to the front. Good drivers can drive what their given. Mediocre drivers are only strokers.

With the common templates, things shouldn't change much if at all.

All teams will be struggling to a degree IMO

I look for them to do much better next season. I think the 18 will make a way better showing. I wonder if they are stll having trouble with the tires? Bobby and that team are way better than they showed this year. Also did'nt they get the aero. guys that the RAD group had so much success with? I don'nt look for the coach to be caught with his pants down. Just my 2 cents.

I think they will do very much more better than this year. If they run good in Pontiacs then they should definetely run good in the chevys!

Let's put it this way. Tony Stewart won the championship in a Pontiac. I guess Pontiacs, weren't that terrible, were they?

Pontiacs are changing their bodies for next year any way. I think the call to switch to Chevies was made around mid-season when the teams didn't appear they were doing that well.

I don't expect them to run any different next year with Chevy.

Back
Top Bottom