Goin to 'Dega

• Thread starter GREAT AMERICAN RACE FAN
  • Start date
G

GREAT AMERICAN RACE FAN

Anyone coming to 'Dega this weekend? If so where are your seats?

I will be sitting in the Tri-Oval Tower right in front of pit road. Just look up from where you are at to see me wearing my Schneider trucking Dick Trickle shirt, with a Grilled turkey leg in one hand and an tall boy Miller Lite in the other!

I don't think I would ever wanna go to that track. Seems like it's just sitting and waiting for the cars to get back around so you can see them, then waiting 45 seconds for them to come around again lol

Have fun for us old foggies who are just too old to go to Talladega. :beerbang:

From '90 - '05 we made the 1100 mile haul from north western WI to the Spring races. Met wonderful people and always had a really good time.

Don't forget your radio headset/ear protection and especially your field glasses.:D

Will you be able to stay if the race is delayed and run Monday? We always did, except the time they said "come back in two weeks, Mother's Day". Couldn't do that - that was the time to get the corn crop planted.

We'll be watching for you on TV.

talley/Judy

I don't think I would ever wanna go to that track. Seems like it's just sitting and waiting for the cars to get back around so you can see them, then waiting 45 seconds for them to come around again lol

Naw it's not that bad if you got good seats. There is usually a lot going on each lap that keeps you busy watching. It has been dull a times when they get single file for 20 or 30 laps.

Anniston Tower, Secton C, Row 34, Seats 8-9

This will be my 4th cup race, all have been at dega.

I was there:
Spring 2003 when Jr passed below the Yellow line
Spring 2004 Truex Wins Busch Race
Spring 2004 Jeff Gordon wins and the beer cans fly
Fall 2009 Bush wins truck race
Fall 2009 J'Mac wins
Spring 2010 ???

EDIT:

Just got a room in Gadsden for a really good price.

Not bad for a last min deal! :)

I've been off since Phoenix.

Didn't do Texas as I will do that one in the fall.
My sponsor hasn't done 'dega in several years and I have not had the opportunity to do one of the other sponsors this weekend.

So I am off the road until next weekend when I go to Richmond.

I have other stuff to do in NYC and Colorado in May but no races again until June in Pocono and Infineon.

I love my trips out west especially my trip across I-80.

Keep an eye to the sky for all that are heading to Dega this weekend. Severe weather is to be heading into the area tonight through tomorrow night with tornado's being a possibility. Stay safe all. :beerbang:

I'd guess that they'd hold the Nationwide race on Monday. I don't think that they would change the Cup start time and I doubt that there would be enough time to run the Nationwide race after the Cup event Sunday.

I'd guess that they'd hold the Nationwide race on Monday. I don't think that they would change the Cup start time and I doubt that there would be enough time to run the Nationwide race after the Cup event Sunday.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/2010-04-23-1631298718_x.htm
Track chairman Grant Lynch and NASCAR spokesman Jim Hunter each said on Friday that enough pockets of sunshine were forecast that they felt they could press on. Hunter said NASCAR would consider a doubleheader with Sunday's Cup race if the second-tier Nationwide race is wiped out by rain.

2 FOR 1 NASCAR racing on Sunday. 800 miles of bumper to bumper action as long as the Cup race doesn't get red flagged a bunch. The chances of that are pretty high. After halfway at lap 47, Busch race is official and the track will probrably be loosing light.

Back
Top Bottom