Golf Thread

Get That 88 Up There !!

Love United Hate Glazer
I though this would be a fun thread to have on here for any of us golfers. Golf is a big part of my life right now as I'm a collegiate Division 3 golfer. I have been playing golf for most of my life and I love the game. Also, I will probably later post a What's In the Bag

I enjoy playing for fun, but I'm terrible. If the hole is par 3, I shoot a 5 or 6. Par 4, I shoot an 8 and par 5 I shoot 9 or 10. So yeah, I'm not good but its still enjoyable.

I'm bad at minigolf....so I know regular won't go well

Man, that hole where you have to get the ball through the windmill is a byitch.

I finally purchased my first ever set of golf clubs. I've always had my own set, but they were an old set that my dad purchased from a garage sale many years ago. So...they are old. I enjoy golfing regardless, but it's slightly frustrating when you only hit a decent shot in every 1 out of 10 shots. I dont expect my game to improve a whole lot, but technology improves every year and I figure 2016 made clubs have gotta work better than 2000 made clubs. They were on sale 50% off at Dicks so they werent crazy expensive.

Side note, when I bought them, I found the set I wanted and purchased it. Drove the 45 minutes back home and took them out of the box only to realize that I got left handed clubs. ...I'm right handed. Thankfully I was able to exchange them, but I felt like an idiot. How did I not think to look at which hand they were for???

I dont expect my game to improve a whole lot, but technology improves every year and I figure 2016 made clubs have gotta work better than 2000 made clubs. They were on sale 50% off at Dicks so they werent crazy expensive.

Technology wise, 2016 drivers and woods will work a whole lot better then the old ones, that's the main reason I want to upgrade my driver to a new one, just for that little extra distance. For irons, it's depends on what you have, it sounds like you have cavity-backs so with the new 2016 ones you should get some more distances then you did on the old ones. For me, I can get away with playing my early 2000s Mizuno blades due to the fact blades don't change much. Bladed irons and putters are really the only clubs that haven't changed much since then

Technology wise, 2016 drivers and woods will work a whole lot better then the old ones, that's the main reason I want to upgrade my driver to a new one, just for that little extra distance. For irons, it's depends on what you have, it sounds like you have cavity-backs so with the new 2016 ones you should get some more distances then you did on the old ones. For me, I can get away with playing my early 2000s Mizuno blades due to the fact blades don't change much. Bladed irons and putters are really the only clubs that haven't changed much since then

Yeah, I went to the driving range yesterday before I got my new clubs and I rarely would drive over 125. Most of it is me, but I'm hoping to add a tad bit more distance. I've nevet been much of an iron hitter, so I'm really looking to step up my game a bit with them. We'll see I suppose.

Time for one of the best weeks of the year. Masters Week !!

IMG_0557.JPG

Yes indeed! Cant wait to see what Mr. Willet does to defend. Will there be a new
front runner surprise? Can Speith get a big lead? Will Tiger be on the grounds?
Weekend weather looks good.

On another note. I was glued to the ANA LPGA major last nite and I got to tell you,
I have watched all the PGA majors for the past 35 or 40 years and I have never
seen this kind of drama unfold. As unfortunate as it was, I think this will be one of the
most compelling golf stories for decades to come. Big props to Lexi! 22 year olds
aren't suppose to be that composed and grown up!

No matter the age of your clubs it still boils down to this, getting your ball through the lighthouse is still gonna be a byitch. :rolleyes:

Will there be a new
front runner surprise? ?
There are a couple guys I won't be surprised if they are up there.

Matthew Fitzpatrick
Adam Hadwin
Alex Noren

Don't be surprised if one of these guys is up there, especially Hadwin, dude is playing great right now

Matthew Fitzpatrick
Adam Hadwin
Alex Noren

Don't be surprised if one of these guys is up there, especially Hadwin, dude is playing great right now
Very good. I will look these guys up and be on the look out.

I don't play golf but I do enjoy watching it on tv. I know that sounds silly but I really do.
That's cool. Did you play any sports growing up?
I played golf for 25 years, then when I hit 40 and
had to start wearing glasses, I had troubles seeing the
ball with my peripheral vision during my swing. That's ok
though because all my golf budget was put straight into the
racing events budget :). I have been lucky enough
to go to 4 Masters. There is no other place like it
on the planet. I hope they have azalea blooms. We had a late
hard freeze in North Ga .

That's cool. Did you play any sports growing up?
I played golf for 25 years, then when I hit 40 and
had to start wearing glasses, I had troubles seeing the
ball with my peripheral vision during my swing. That's ok
though because all my golf budget was put straight into the
racing events budget :). I have been lucky enough
to go to 4 Masters. There is no other place like it
on the planet. I hope they have azalea blooms. We had a late
hard freeze in North Ga .

Ya know, I have never been really sporty. I can shoot a mean basketball though.

I love watching sports, even when I was young. Baseball is my least favorite sport. I can talk NFL football with teh best of them.

My money is on a Happy Gilmore comeback.

Matthew Fitzpatrick
Adam Hadwin
Alex Noren

Good for Fitzpatrick and Hadwin making a tough cut.
The first tee time has Jason Day by himself. Curious if they
will have a marker play with him? That would be a good gig.
Crazy good leader board.

Good for Fitzpatrick and Hadwin making a tough cut.
The first tee time has Jason Day by himself. Curious if they
will have a marker play with him? That would be a good gig.
Crazy good leader board.
Going to be a great weekend. Have no idea who is going to win it. Someone will shoot a 64 today, bet on it

Love seeing Couples on the leader board. Has anyone in the history of the game had a smoother and a more beautiful swing than Couples?

Els has that effortless swing.

Wow a 64 today 88? Alright , I got you down.
I am feeling a 67 or 68 as low round.

Hadwin just birdied 11. At +5.

It doesn't look like it's going to happen for my guy, Phil. Birdied the first two today and then pulled a classic Phil and double bogeyed the third. I will pull for Sergio to finally get a major.

That would be cool for Sergio, problem is, I have seen him choke too
many times over the years. I am afraid Hoffman is in that same category.
My guess is Rose or Spieth. Would not mind it one bit to see a dark horse
fire an -8 to get tied for the lead. I really don't like seeing the melt downs
like Spieth had last year. Any way , its a good leader board with the
cream in contention. Ricky Fowler would also be a good win.

Spieth/Fowler is an incredible pairing. A lot of guys still in contention. We might be in for a classic tomorrow.

Back 9 on Sunday. Love it.

Thergio Garthia folding like a cheap tent in a stiff breeze.

Back
Top Bottom