Good Article on why Short Tracks should NOT copy BGS

Bowman Gray aint for everyone. I am one of those "goons" sitting in on the front stretch tall boy in my hand. If you dont like what goes on there dont go. Go to caraway where you pay 20 dollars for a few passes and a lot of train. Bgs is 10 bucks with all the action and drama of a cup series season packed into each race. If nascar was smart (they arent) all 3 national series would be there.

>BGS
>No train

Buwhahahahahahaha. Dude, outside of the five laps after the restart or the start of the race, BGS is a total "train". Get off of your high horse.

My horse isnt high I just love everything about BGS, yes it gets single file whatever. Its a show that has nearly been sold out since the early 2000s. Ive never seen an exhilarating race at caraway or ace. 311 is fun though. No need for the extra bs man. To Each Their Own.

"Its a show that has nearly been sold out since the early 2000s." True, but it was an almost empty house with the same show in the late 1980s through late 1990s.
I'm not sure how they turned it around. I'd quit going there by then, although I do go about once every three or four years to see if things have changed (except for the crowds, they haven't).

"Ive never seen an exhilarating race at caraway or ace." Ironically, I started attending Caraway regularly when I gave up on Bowman-Gray. It used to have really good races, until they got NASCAR sanctioned. You can pass at that track (without wrecking the guy in front of you). The NASCAR sanction killed off the car count and the fans left soon after, and when I've gone back (about once every three or four years again) you're right their races are mostly uncompetitive. I used to like Ace, but haven't been there since they paved it.

"311 is fun though." Used to be fun. 311 has suffered through 12 or so years of poor and changing management, each seemingly bent on dragging the track lower and lower. 311 was hopping back when Bowman-Gray was a ghost town. But today most classes have few entrants, the "top" class is only Crate Model with train races, and the dust is ridiculous.

Yeah, I haven't been to 311 in about 4 years but every time I went I had fun. Bowman Gray got big again because of Good marketing, a well made reality show, high car counts and committed families. I honestly think there was just a bit of a generational gap within the fans as well. Y'all should come check it out next week but if you're gonna drink do so before-hand tall boys are 8 bucks, southern modified tour heads to the MadHouse. Those guys mix it up.

Back
Top Bottom