Good Move of the Race: Miami

Larson, letting the championship guys settle it instead of making a move that would've decided the championship like Preece did yesterday.

According to your rating of this race I get the good move of the race as I skipped it.......I couldn't resist.....congrats to all who enjoyed the race.

I can agree with this thread.

The #18's pit strategy in the final stage. Without it, there's no chance they would have been in a position to win.

It doesn't bother me that Larson decided to run third (if indeed he made that decision). It wouldn't have bothered me at all if Larson had stuck his two cents in. He's entitled to every position he can get; ditto Preece. If that interferes with a championship, that's NASCAR's fault. If NASCAR doesn't want non-Chase drivers involved, run a different format.

The #18's pit strategy in the final stage. Without it, there's no chance they would have been in a position to win.

It wouldn't have bothered me at all if Larson had stuck his two cents in. He's entitled to every position he can get. If that interferes with a championship, that's NASCAR's fault. Ditto Preece; if NASCAR doesn't want non-Chase drivers involved, run a different format.
Yeah I don't get this attitude people have about that. If you are racing those guys for position then you damn well race them, this is racing after all. Different story if you're a lapped car and holding people up

Larson, letting the championship guys settle it instead of making a move that would've decided the championship like Preece did yesterday.

I get what you are saying, but is that the way we want racing to be??? The fastest car lagging back? What a farce!!

Yeah I don't get this attitude people have about that. If you are racing those guys for position then you damn well race them, this is racing after all. Different story if you're a lapped car and holding people up
That only seems to bother some people when they loose. It doesn't seem to bother them when it allows them to win.

I'm not saying he should have raced them "dirty". I'm disappointed that this format has caused drivers; including the fastest car on the track, to just lag back. There would have been nothing wrong with the 42 trying to pass the 18 and then the 78 imo.

I get what you are saying, but is that the way we want racing to be??? The fastest car lagging back? What a farce!!

If other cars can't race normally then they should segregate the guys running for the lotto championship and have them run their own race.

I'm not saying he should have raced them "dirty". I'm disappointed that this format has caused drivers; including the fastest car on the track, to just lag back. There would have been nothing wrong with the 42 trying to pass the 18 and then the 78 imo.
I get what you're saying, but..........
If he'd made the slightest bobble while passing one of them, or if they'd bobbled during the pass, it could have affected the championship.
He made the conscious choice to let the 2 best contenders fight it out without outside interference.

He really didnt. He looked to the inside of Busch on the straight & Busch blocked. Larson shot to the wall and pancaked it, which is what drew him off of the leaders.
Yeah..... he said in his post race interview that Kyle took his line away from him preventing him from getting to the front. Sounded like he would have raced them had he had the chance.

Fastest three cars all year finished in the order they should have. Some racers are smarter than the dog. He knows there will be another day, every dog has their day. Larson's is yet to come. He knows it. Some around here should dummy up because it is coming.

It doesn't bother me that Larson decided to run third (if indeed he made that decision). It wouldn't have bothered me at all if Larson had stuck his two cents in. He's entitled to every position he can get; ditto Preece. If that interferes with a championship, that's NASCAR's fault. If NASCAR doesn't want non-Chase drivers involved, run a different format.
What other format would have made it any different? Even if the format was year long points and they were close enough in points at the end that it still came down to who won the race between Truex and Busch and Larson was way back in the points it would still be the same scenario.

..and I gained even more respect for him because he didn't.
I'm glad Truex won. I was pulling for him.....but I can' understand this thinking at all.
Part of me REALLY wants to think Larson just used his stuff up catching the front two and didn't have enough left to puill it off but in NO way should he have felt that he SHOULDN'T try to get by them because they were fighting for the championship. He shouldnt care about that at all. Go try to win the race and use the 2 of them up doing it if he had to.

Maybe they should just put in an express lane that just the precious final four can use.

This is why I hate Brian France and his BS.

Preese didn't decide anything. It was his line to run, and Sadler decided to Banzai him and run him over. Larson on the other hand looked like he was being somewhat conservative (if running 10mm of the wall "conservative") and when he walled it a little that took what momentum he had away.

Personally, this format is fine. They've tweaked it over time, and this year finally got my interest back. And having other cars in there that could be (and should be) racing for the win is what's setting our "playoffs" apart from the other sports.

He really didnt. He looked to the inside of Busch on the straight & Busch blocked. Larson shot to the wall and pancaked it, which is what drew him off of the leaders.
I think he could have passed them way before he brushed the wall. But, I think he probably was waiting for them to make a mistake or until he felt he had a clear shot to pass them without interfering with their championship. But like everyone else on here it is JMO.

MTJ throwing the block on Harv was big redemption for Texas, imo. ;)

I thought Larson definitely had a car to get past those guys but he caught them with just 10 to go and there was no way to get through the two of them without impacting the championship drama. He did get in the wall later and lose speed but before that, he was quicker.

Hats off to him, that was a just outstanding sportsmanship. I was neither here nor there with him before, but that was pure class.

I thought Larson definitely had a car to get past those guys but he caught them with just 10 to go and there was no way to get through the two of them without impacting the championship drama. He did get in the wall later and lose speed but before that, he was quicker.

Hats off to him, that was a just outstanding sportsmanship. I was neither here nor there with him before, but that was pure class.

I don't know if it was class and 42 is my boy. Lol it was probably more fear, Kyle Busch would've taken him out if he tried to pass him

I don't know if it was class and 42 is my boy. Lol it was probably more fear, Kyle Busch would've taken him out if he tried to pass him

The idea that Larson is afraid of anyone on the track is ridiculous.
Everyone knows that the four championship contendeders were a protected class. A Nascar entitlement program, geared at making the other 36 just background noise.

That is why Nascar had the cars, to make sure they cheated equally. To bad Ford wasn't allowed the car they had at the start of the year.

I'm glad Truex won. I was pulling for him.....but I can' understand this thinking at all.
Part of me REALLY wants to think Larson just used his stuff up catching the front two and didn't have enough left to puill it off but in NO way should he have felt that he SHOULDN'T try to get by them because they were fighting for the championship. He shouldnt care about that at all. Go try to win the race and use the 2 of them up doing it if he had to.
I could take it either way.. but it would have sucked if he got between them and didn't keep going past Truex.

What other format would have made it any different? Even if the format was year long points and they were close enough in points at the end that it still came down to who won the race between Truex and Busch and Larson was way back in the points it would still be the same scenario.
Running the championship contenders by themselves would eliminate it, but would also be a lousy race.

I notice few people screaming last week when Kenseth's pass 'interfered' with Denny Hamlin's pursuit of a championship. I notice NASCAR wasn't concerned about the effects of 35 other cars racing on restarts, at least not enough to move the contenders to the front each time.

As long as they're all going to run together, eligible and ineligible, then I have no problem with drivers running the final race the same way they ran the preceding 35. It's every man for himself, especially for the win.

The idea that Larson is afraid of anyone on the track is ridiculous.
Everyone knows that the four championship contendeders were a protected class. A Nascar entitlement program, geared at making the other 36 just background noise.

I really think that if the 42 got to them with 30 laps left, he would have fought through them. But he got there with 10 to go, and all three of the cars were handfulls. I don't think we have to be cynical about it and say he was programmed by Nascar. These guys are competitors and sportsmen, they know that with 10 laps to go to get the Cup, the race winner is an afterthought. I see it more as respect for the sport than some entitlement.

Back
Top Bottom