Good news of the day

M

mlitefan01

Ok, so I'm a little biased....but at least I can watch for another 3 years.....by the way, is it Feburary yet :) ?

Posted on Thu, Jan. 09, 2003

At least 3 more years, Rusty Wallace says
The Associated Press

The wins are harder to come by, but Rusty Wallace has no plans to stop racing any time soon.
"I'm going to drive for at least three more years," said the 46-year-old Wallace said. "I'm not looking for anything after three. I've always said the day I can't be competitive and I'm just out there running, I don't want nothing to do with it. But I'm not even close to that."

Wallace has not won in 62 races, the longest drought of his career. But he thinks he should have at least gotten one last season - he was bumped out of the way at Bristol on the next-to-last lap by race-winner Jeff Gordon.

"I should have won a ton of races; we had great runs last year," he said. "Everybody keeps talking to me about (retirement) for some reason. I guess when you get 46 years old, that's a question you get asked. But I'm not close."

Nah, Rusty ain't washed up yet, but like he said, those wins are getting harder and harder. Rusty likes to think of himself as someone who should be allowed to show the way. Of course all the old vets aren't going to do that, and now days, the youngsters aren't afraid of the old vets either. I do believe that he won't wait too late before he retires, but who knows. :)

Mlitefan.........stay with Rusty until he retires!! Then you can switch to Gregg Biffle..........same type of driver! :)

A frind of mine who actually named his son Rusty Wallace (first and middle names of course) once told me the name Wallace was an acronym that went "We All Look Like A$$holes Chasing Earnhart". I guess that only goes for restrictor plate "races" now, huh?

I think ol Rusty will get a win or two this year, and yea he had a few race's that he could have won last year.
But we will see just what happens this year at Bristol, hell who know?
:chainsaw:

Ah, typical retirement fever. When you are old, all you need is a subpar season and everyone thinks you should retire.

Back
Top Bottom