Good ol AJ

71Fan

Dubya Dubya Rasslin'

On guys that run out on the track to make gestures or throw little shoe pads......."I tell you what I'd do. When I seen a guy walk out there like that, I'd run over his [expletive]. I'd break him of the habit of coming out on that racetrack. Now if he wants to come after the race and throw something, fine. But to come out there and act like an idiot, I'd cut my car straight at him. I'd make him run.

"I've done it before."

It's a great read people, enjoy.

Other than the show biz, he reckons, the actual racing in NASCAR nowadays is "the boringest [expletive] racing I've ever been to.

He's got that right. The actual racing is gone. It's TV fandom now.

Oh, and good thing Tony is the first to be a hardnosed bad ass when it comes to people skills right?

It's always good to see people like Tony and AJ get the PC crowds panties all wadded up nice and tight.

Can always tell a newbie by the amount of liberal drivle they spout when a driver shows anger. I say, "Welcome to the sport, now put down your Perrier and STFU".

AJ has had a bee in his bonnet since Infancy! He has the people skills of 100 grit sandpaper and it wont ever get any better, thats just AJ! Great driver, terrible team owner, even worse PR Rep, thats just AJ.

And I personally liked the part of the article that 71fan quoted the best too!

Kel

'Other than the show biz, he reckons, the actual racing in NASCAR nowadays is "the boringest [expletive] racing I've ever been to.

"We go there for a 500-mile race, and I think, Is this [expletive] ever gonna end? Ever?"'

I do agree with him that these NASCAR fines have gotten out of hand. But I do ask why he is a Winston Cup owner if he can't even stand watching the races. He goes on about how he feels he has to come to a Winston Cup race once in awhile, not b/c he enjoys our sport, but b/c he's a team owner. Geez, no wonder this guy has been through so many drivers.

When was the last time his car lasted the whole race? His day is a lot shorter than most people's.

Go back the fenderless series if you're that miserable. Maybe you can be competitive there.

The jaw muscles, not the brain muscles, were always AJ's strongest.

AJ and the folks like him in NASCAR keeps it interesting. Can you imagine if all drivers and teams were molded like Jeff Gordon and Ray Evernham? We'd have some good clean racing in good well built cars.......but I'm afraid it would lose something.:) We need the AJ's, Jimmy Spencers, Kurt Busch's, Todd Bodines, Jr's.......etc for good, fun races to cheer on.:D

I very much doubt our sport needs AJ, especially if he doesn't even care about the sport. He's a respectable racer in his own day, but i guess I just don't understand his motivation to participate in nascar. Oh wait, i guess it's the $ signs in Foyts eyes.

AJ is an old time racer. I have been a fan of AJ since is was a kid. I think he's still owns the team in Winston Cup because he wants to bring Larry Foyt in. Thats why he doesn't care whos in the car cause he knows whoevers in it isn't going to be there long term.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Stockcars is something Larry Foyt wants to do, so AJ used his name to start a cup team so his son would have a Cup ride when he moved up. The game he's played with Conseco and drivers doesn't seem fair, but it looks like Harrah's, Larry's busch sponsor, will move up to Cup when Conseco leaves. So far a series he doesn't care about, his plan to move up his son will work.

Wasn't that AJ IV and not AJ Foyt saying those things?:satisfied

it was the old guy.

And while he may be hanging out in stock car racing to appease conseco, you can bet your bottom dollar that AJ does not put a car on the track for anything but the thought of winning.

AJ does not race for the money, he races to win. Always has.

Originally posted by 71Fan
it was the old guy.

And while he may be hanging out in stock car racing to appease conseco, you can bet your bottom dollar that AJ does not put a car on the track for anything but the thought of winning.

AJ does not race for the money, he races to win. Always has.

And he will fight..........literally fight with fists for that win too.:)

how's he fighting for a cup win if he doesn't even go to the cup races, other than a few here and there b/c he feels he's obliged to? That doesn't seem like a winning attitude to me, but maybe i just don't understand something.

Back
Top Bottom