Goodyear continues examination of Kyle Busch’s Daytona 500 tires

Does anyone have a link to an article or video of Kyle Busch's apology to Goodyear? I'm sure he must have apologized after it became clear there was no tire problem. But somehow I missed it. Even Google can't find it...:idunno:

Didn't see it when I was searching for the results of the independent investigation. Struck out on both.

Nope ... you keep that nasty thing ! Your family still wants you to come home (after you shave and bathe)

They and you know I am not coming home until Kyle wins again. This is not negotiable. Bathing and shaving are impossible since they removed the water tower anyway. Got in a fight with one of those desert buzzards yesterday. Ugly thing had a Jimmy John's hat on backwards.

Yeah, but that's Chinese air. Does that count?

Nah, Chinese air would be more like dirty air, or Fart.
Kyle probably had Japanese Tsunami style air at Atlanta.
French Air, La Softner caused Goodyear to screw over Kyle at Daytona.

Recap:
So they went after the tire hardner via radiation at Atlanta which led to Goodyear ruining everything for him again. In theory a good idea, inject the tire with irradiating air for the radiation to crosslink up them molecules, producing a more stronger, harder tire to deal with Atlanta's surface.
Those Goodrocks just never hooked up for him, and and he was just average at best. He did a good job of getting a top 20 though after some cars with better Goodyears dropped out.

Goodyear beat him again

Nah, Chinese air would be more like dirty air, or Fart.
Kyle probably had Japanese Tsunami style air at Atlanta.
French Air, La Softner caused Goodyear to screw over Kyle at Daytona.

Recap:
So they went after the tire hardner via radiation at Atlanta which led to Goodyear ruining everything for him again. In theory a good idea, inject the tire with irradiating air for the radiation to crosslink up them molecules, producing a more stronger, harder tire to deal with Atlanta's surface.
Those Goodrocks just never hooked up for him, and and he was just average at best. He did a good job of getting a top 20 though after some cars with better Goodyears dropped out.

Goodyear beat him again

Damn. I was thinking the exact same thing. :D

Kyle Busch talks about the impact the 2017 rules changes have had to his setups

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/k...changes-have-had-to-his-setups-171827674.html

Which leads me to the question....Can you tune the turn into the car, or does the driver need to change the way he drives it? Interesting stuff. Additionally, I think that the new rules kind of romance you into thinking that the cars are loose when maybe the reduction in front downforce makes these things push as well. Would explain Jimmie's frustrations....

Additionally, I think that the new rules kind of romance you into thinking that the cars are loose when maybe the reduction in front downforce makes these things push as well.
"Loose" and "tight" are vague terms that have multiple meanings. Reducing downforce makes a car less "stuck to the ground" and that is often called loose, but it doesn't mean understeer necessarily. The goal is always to achieve balance regardless of the absolute amount of downforce. So when you have a change in rules like Nascar this year, you'll have less grip at both the front and rear. Understeer and oversteer aren't absolute measures, but just how the front of a car relates to its rear.

"Loose" and "tight" are vague terms that have multiple meanings. Reducing downforce makes a car less "stuck to the ground" and that is often called loose, but it doesn't mean understeer necessarily. The goal is always to achieve balance regardless of the absolute amount of downforce. So when you have a change in rules like Nascar this year, you'll have less grip at both the front and rear. Understeer and oversteer aren't absolute measures, but just how the front of a car relates to its rear.

Absolutely and well said. Think that TV loves the loose as shots of cars fishtailing is awesome for them. I think Kyle wants to drive the car off of the right rear as does Jimmie, and when he isn't getting that bite, he doesn't have the security to do so. Although the rear spoiler is the sexy illustration of the the changes, the splitter reduction to achieve balance as you mentioned is equally critical for obvious reasons. Kyle is asking for more downforce/grip there. Some speculation about the new Camry suggested that the car would give just that, but I think that was more about the appearance of the new nose. It will be interesting to see what JGR/TRD do in this area to give Kyle what he is looking for. He mentioned aero, so there must be some potential there, but I am sure they will be poking around mechanically with springs/shocks....and God forbid aggressive tire pressures--with the fall off emphasis, this would be dicey. I do believe that Kyle has the talent to adjust his driving style, but I don't think a driver who leans on the right rear can become a driver who falls in love with the right front just because he wants to. Love this part of the sport.

Last edited:
The people need to read this but a warning the language is rough.

They shot the boy off his horse, but even the notorious unforgiven William Munny was decent enough to let the boy have one last drink of water

Well, Goodyear the boy has been afflicted and whipped enough, as he cries he is athirst.
Let up and let Kyle have a drink.
It was fun, but now it is just become NC 17 ugly.

When Kyle Busch hit the wall, I knew this thread was going to be revived.

I must've missed his interview -- did he give one?
Yes, he gave an interview. I saw it on Race Hub, all about how his tires won't hold air, his teammates have no problems, blah, blah, blah. He's such a tool.

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/04...tinue-with-lap-210-accident-in-food-city-500/

“I was the fastest one out there those last two runs picking cars off and driving from the back to the front after we lost our track position the first time,” Busch said. “We had our issues, and we were trying to march our way back up towards the front and get there and thought we were doing a good job of that and trying to be conservative with the tires because obviously they can’t make it through a full distance for us for some reason.

“I don’t know if it’s fundamentally wrong what we’re doing, but it seems like all the rest of our five JGR cars are fine.”

I wonder if Kyle knows he contradicted himself? He is a aggressive racer and there is a higher risk/reward with that type of style like leaning on your R/F tire too hard.

It's all BS, and out of context. If it wasn't Kyle, you could easily read into that a shot at the set up, but it is Kyle, so we have this thread.

It's all BS, and out of context. If it wasn't Kyle, you could easily read into that a shot at the set up, but it is Kyle, so we have this thread.
Huh I'm confused? I'm a 18 fan what are u trying to say ? I'm not trying to be smart just want a understanding thank you

KyBu can fight his tires all he wants, but that is not going to keep his tires from coming apart or blowing a bead.
He needs to evaluate his situation more like an engineer than a race driver, if he wants to solve this problem. I don't know if his Crew Chief is able to get through to him.

Huh I'm confused? I'm a 18 fan what are u trying to say ? I'm not trying to be smart just want a understanding thank you

I think Kyle was wondering why he was blowing right fronts when his teammates weren't. I took it to mean that his set up was at fault, but he didn't mind if Goodyear took offense. We have this thread because there are some who dissect everything Kyle says....which is rare because he usually doesn't leave much to the imagination--which is why I like him.

I think Kyle was wondering why he was blowing right fronts when his teammates weren't. I took it to mean that his set up was at fault, but he didn't mind if Goodyear took offense. We have this thread because there are some who dissect everything Kyle says....which is rare because he usually doesn't leave much to the imagination--which is why I like him.
I like him too! I don't get why people hate him .. he tells it like it is and just wants to win every damn time!! He hates to lose and I love that about him .. I guess people don't like there drivers to show emotions I guess

I like him too! I don't get why people hate him .. he tells it like it is and just wants to win every damn time!! He hates to lose and I love that about him .. I guess people don't like there drivers to show emotions I guess

Right with you man! Keep the faith!!!!!

Right with you man! Keep the faith!!!!!
Yea he will be just fine lol if it wasn't for some crazy stuff to happen he could have easily won like 3 races already! If his tire didn't blow he would have won today.. at the time his tire blew he had the best car on the track and he was driving the he'll out of it! I think he gets it done next weeken.. all Gibbs cars will be in top 10 next Sunday for sure!

Yea he will be just fine lol if it wasn't for some crazy stuff to happen he could have easily won like 3 races already! If his tire didn't blow he would have won today.. at the time his tire blew he had the best car on the track and he was driving the he'll out of it! I think he gets it done next weeken.. all Gibbs cars will be in top 10 next Sunday for sure!

Right on!!!!! However, I do think that they are struggling with their mechanical grip. I kind of feel that set up had something to do with Kyle's tire problems. They--together with TRD I am sure--are working on it. I am hoping for significant improvement by Kansas/Charlotte.

Right on!!!!! However, I do think that they are struggling with their mechanical grip. I kind of feel that set up had something to do with Kyle's tire problems. They--together with TRD I am sure--are working on it. I am hoping for significant improvement by Kansas/Charlotte.

Yea that setup was prob the reason.. yea I hope by Charlotte too!! I'll be at start finish line again .. but I'm scared to death it might be the 78 show again , it really isn't any passing at Charlotte

IMG_1473.JPG

Did you see the interview, Revman? KB specifically said his problem of his tires "not holding air" was NOT caused by setup, claiming all his settings were conservative and his teammates had no tire problems. So don't make stuff up; driver 18 is already doing that!

I have no problem with a racer having a passion for winning, hating to lose, etc. I do think it is childish as well as stupid to repeatedly take swipes at Goodyear while having a total lack of evidence (or even logic) to back it up. Some people learn from their mistakes, and others just lash out to blame someone else.

Driver inputs are often the cause of "handling" and tire problems.

In this case, it didn't sound like The Shrub blamed Goodyear.

Did you see the interview, Revman? KB specifically said his problem of his tires "not holding air" was NOT caused by setup, claiming all his settings were conservative and his teammates had no tire problems. So don't make stuff up; driver 18 is already doing that!

I have no problem with a racer having a passion for winning, hating to lose, etc. I do think it is childish as well as stupid to repeatedly take swipes at Goodyear while having a total lack of evidence (or even logic) to back it up. Some people learn from their mistakes, and others just lash out to blame someone else.

KYLE BUSCH, DRIVER OF THE NO. 18 M&M’S TOYOTA CAMRY FOR JOE GIBBS RACING:

“Our M&M’S Toyota Camry was the fastest one out there those last two runs – picking cars off and driving from the back to the front after we lost our track position the first time. We had our issues and we were trying to march our way back up towards the front. We thought we were doing a good job of that and trying to be conservative with the tires because obviously they can’t make it through a full distance for us for some reason. I don’t know. I don’t know if it’s fundamentally wrong what we’re doing, but it seems like all the rest of our JGR cars were fine.”

This interview? Can't find where he actually said that his problems were NOT set up related. Who is making stuff up? Come on man. Research a little. When you think about it just a little, why the hell would Kyle reference his teammates' lack of problems if he wanted to swing at Goodyear? Wouldn't that be contrary to this agenda you think he has?

Back
Top Bottom