Gor my NASCAR fix today...WC Preview

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
Just got back from the Winston Cup Preview. Didn't do a whole lot there today except for looking at the cars, taking pictures and looking at the new souvineers. This show had been waning a bit in the past, but it looks like they are building it back up again. Lots of people there as always and from far off. We didn't even bother going in to see the drivers cause that's such a jungle. However, if you've never done that before, it's a hoot and they are always auctioning off things in that building. We actually spent a great deal of time talking to one of our local drivers who pilots a 600 hp modified car. Hard to believe, but amoung all those big colorful Winston Cup cars, there was a pretty blue modified car. This guy is the local track champ so I guess that's why he's there. Of course, we got a lot of inside poop about the local racing action. Now if only we could have gotten the ear of one of the big boys! :) I got pictures of the cars: 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 14, 16, 21, 24, 29, 32, 38, 42, 45, 48, 88, and 97. Because of the crowd, it's pretty hard to get a good picture without people all over the car. I could only get the hood of the 8 car. My picture of the 45 didn't turn out so well, but the Mrs got several shots of it. I had a great picture of the Bam-a-lama-ding-dong car, but must have deleted it. Damn, that was a good pic too. Maybe the Mrs has one of Schraders car.

MORE PICS!!!!!PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON IT!
My dear friend would love that pic of the 8 hood!

Take a good look at it Kat before it gets the bodywork done to it.:D

Hey Joe,
More Mods, More Mods, More Mods, gotta luv'em, More Mods.

Here's the pic the Mrs got of the Bam car. I really had a better picture of the car, the side view, but this will have to do for now.

Thanks Buck,

!st time i have seen that car painted like that.

I bet shrader wishes he was in the pink m&ms car now. :p

Did anyone notice Kyle Petty's scheme at the Winston Cup preview? Any explanation why the scheme is so dull and bland compared the the scheme they introduced earlier?

Yeah, and this is what they were advertising:

45gp-front.jpg

RPM, not sure why, but I do know that those cars at the preview are their show cars. Sometimes there are differences.

Why did Havoline leave RYR?

the m&ms car dont look today, just differnt it being a ford and #38.

i still want to know what they was smoking with the hood of that 49car.

and i like the 42 car. has one of the best schemes i have seen so far.
42,29,38 are the best so far.

Was that a TARGET car next to the #8, chills me spine.

Where id MY #24 close up that you promised?:(

Okay, I'll give it to you here! :) I made a new thread with it just for you over on the chit chat board. But while I'm here...

I couldn't get a good picture of the 97 because everyone was getting in the way. Getting one from the front was impossible.

i hope he runs them red whelles this year :)

the 97 looks better this year.

this tide car looks like a Portiac?

and Thanks Buck, sure wish i got to go :)

The one car that was missing was the #20. That was quite a disappointment for the Mrs as Tony is her man. Not sure why it wasn't there this year, unless they had it where the drivers were, which would have made sense. If that's so, I don't want the Mrs to know cause she would really be pissed that she missed that. It was bad enough that she found out that she could have been one of the audience on QVC when he was on. But then again, those people probably waited in that very cold weather for hours to be the first in line. Only a limited number of seats were available.

That 42 car looks real sharp. I also like the red rims on Bill Elliott's car. Thanks for the pics buck!!

Here's a thumbnail collection of the cars I photographed. Note the IRL car in the lower right hand corner. (Eddie Chever's car)

There could of been a light differance there and plus the car with the white background is a compter drawing

Back
Top Bottom