Gordon and Evernham

R

redrock

Was NASCAR better off when these two where togther or now? When I think of Gordon I always think of Evernham and the rainbow warriors - Gordon stills runs great and will contend for another championship but Evernham seems to be fading...

Better off? Who knows, depends on who you like I guess. They were a great team, no doubt. Ray is still great, but it proves that it wasn't all him either. Ray was Jeff's crew chief, but now he is an owner with way more on his plate. If he were to just be a crew chief again, he would excel once again, depending on the chemistry between he and his driver of course.

I personally thing Nascar is better off with them seperated because I think all sports loose its luster when one team is winning. I compare it to Michael Jordan in basketball, Tiger Woods in golf, and Jeff Gordon in Winston Cup. The races weren't as much fun to watch the year Gordon and Mark Martin combined to win twenty something of the thirty-two races that year. I love to see first time winners, and I love to see people like Bill Elliott win after people have written them off. I would have loved to have seen D.W. win in his last years as a driver. With one driver winning so many races that narrows the chance to see that.

I agree ...seeing Jeff and Ray team up to win those championships, dominate the field so much , it got kind of old after awhile. Of course if you were a Jeff Gordon fan at the time it never got old for you. I think Ray took on an awful big responsibility by devloping the Dodges for Nascar, this took away from his own teams. Also he needs another driver that is an up and coming talent, Mayfield is just not that guy IMO. Getting back to Jeffy.....he is still a force to be reckoned with, he might be pressing a little harder now, do to the fact that there is much more young talent to compete against than when he was dominate with Everham. I think he will be there at the end of the season, in the middle of the championship hunt.

Back
Top Bottom