Got a cold? Go see a Doc!!

S

SST55

Almost 2 weeks ago my wife started with the sniffles and sneezes, week ago Friday she was admitted and spent 2 days in the hospital. Not to be outdone I went in Sunday night in the red truck with all the lights and came home Monday morning. Both of our "colds" turned into pneumonia. My wife is on all sorts of meds and is now doing great. I've got a O2 generator and O2 tanks. COPD and pneumonia don't mix well.

According to the med pros we talked with this pneumonia is wide spread and dangerous if untreated, don't take a chance see yer doc.

Almost 2 weeks ago my wife started with the sniffles and sneezes, week ago Friday she was admitted and spent 2 days in the hospital. Not to be outdone I went in Sunday night in the red truck with all the lights and came home Monday morning. Both of our "colds" turned into pneumonia. My wife is on all sorts of meds and is now doing great. I've got a O2 generator and O2 tanks. COPD and pneumonia don't mix well.

According to the med pros we talked with this pneumonia is wide spread and dangerous if untreated, don't take a chance see yer doc.

They got you on the amoxycillin, or the 'fogger'?

I know its two different things, but my youngest uses a neb. every so often for his asthma. I also use a vaporizer/humidifier with Vicks inserts if they start getting a cold and it helps. I don't know if you want to try that.....if you do though, make sure you clean the machine daily so you don't get mold in it.

Nebulizer (sp?)

Yep...the 'fogger'. Thats actually a good thing, as it gets the stuff down into your lungs right away. I'm with fergy on the cleanliness part, too...not that there's any mold in existence that would dare invade your personal space...:D

Same thing happened to my dad a few years ago. Started off, thought he had a cold or something. He waited a long time, then started having REALLY BAD pain in his lungs. Went to the hospital later and the doctor said it was the worst case of double pneumonia they ever saw. Pneumonia is scary.

Better be super careful, that stuff is really dangerous when you have COPD.

Hope that the both of you feel better soon.

Back
Top Bottom