got my 2nd nascar autograph

Where'd you get his autograph from?

I love getting driver's autographs, and always try to get them when I go to each race track. I go to all the driver signing sessions, and when they used to let me in the garage area in Nazareth I got some autographs there.

From year to year, I actually have drivers recognize me b/c of my token signiture item: a bright neon green shirt. I actually got it free at Sears while I was standing in line to get some truck drivers' autographs but it was too small on me, so I decided to have driver's sign in. Since then I've brought it with me and have about 50 autographs on there, though some are repeats. Driver's ask me if they can sign it again b/c they remember signing it the year before, and I say go ahead.

You are just too well known. You would think from all the drivers you've met you'd have a good in by now, RPM.

I do Ciggie, ssshhh. :)

I have actually gotten to hang out in the garage area with several teams before, but my ultimate goal is to get to stand in the pit box. I was offered to stand in the pit box at a truck race once, but I didn't feel like having to fly to Michigan.

I love meeting drivers though. It's even cooler when they remember you from year to year, but they meet so many people in a year, I'm not offended if they don't.

So I guess you meeting them is no different from us stalking The Clarks and always trying to say hi, since they remember us now.

The Clarks is a rock band. I've gotten so many autographs from them, I've given up getting them so I can just talk to them. I think Rob would give us his email if he wasn't drunk every time we talk to him, Ciggie. lol.

Yea he might have an alcohol problem, especially when he spikes the shot glass during a song and it shatters.

Me and RPM have noticed we sort of take every single thread and make it a different topic. To try and prevent this I would like to add, I don't have a NASCAR autograph, mainly because I've never been to a race and there are no tracks around me. I was thinking of going to Dover one year. Since that is the closest to me or Pocono. Then again Bristol is only another hour away from there so I could go there too.

I keep hoping that someone will get me a checkered flag for Christmas to use for autographs.

I've been following this sport since 1979 (23 yrs?) and in all those years I've never heard of drivers signing session near enough to me to go (at least before the fact anyway). Maybe it's the places I've lived......drivers just don't go there.:( Almost got Cutiepie Micheal Waltrips autograph last race at California Speedway but they cut off the line after the person right in front of her.:( They had to end the session because Mikey had to get to the driver's meeting.....at least we got to see him up close.:) No autographs though.

That's really a shame. The best place to go for autographs is a lower series like the Busch Series or truck series. I have Greg Biffle, Jack Sprague, Jimmie Johnson, Kurt Busch, Matt Kenseth, and many other driver's before their names ever became big in the sport. Signing sessions are usually in the morning before and the morning of the day of the race at Nazareth, at Pocono you can get autographs the day before the race during the Arca race. I'm sure it's different for every track, but there should be opportunities at every track.

An easy way to get a driver's auto is to send it to his/her shop. I know its not the same as getting it in person, but if you send something, along with a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope or other package along with it, the driver will sign it and sent it back.

Just be prepared to wait for the more popular drivers. A Gordon auto make take you a few months to get back when a Carl Long auto may take only a week....

If you can get ahold of a Beckett Racing magazine, they have helpful hints along with all the driver's addresses in them.

fergy1370, I've seen those before in Beckett magazine and sometimes on driver's pages, but have never tried it before. I definitely wouldn't send my shirt that way, but a good way to get a promo card or racing card signed.

Beckett always gives prices too. Best magazine for a collector.

he was at a bank in murray for there grand opening, but i was in louisville at the time so i sent mom to get it for me

so now i have

Dale Earnhart
Brin Rose

Thats cool i have 3 autographs. Richard Petty, Johnny Benson and Loy Allen Jr.
My grandma and grandpa got me richards so i never have meet him. I was send Johnny's from the fan club and I got Loy's back in 1994 during the brickyard 400.

Yup, last time I sent away for a Marcis shirt I asked him to toss me a lugnut. Got the lugnut and a sparkplug too, along with a handwritten answer to my note and a couple driver cards. Better than that, just look up the phone number, give the shop a call and ask to talk to Dave.

He's one of the few still reachable folks. And I wouldn't worry about sending him my green shirt at all.

Back
Top Bottom