Got myself a little one today, maybe tomorrow too

S

SST55

Family friends have a 3 year old, both parents work and daycare is closed due to swine flu, so I volunteered (thought I learned not too do that in the service) to watch Noah.

So far we've had waffles and milk, watched some kids stuff on tv, banged nails into scrap boards, we're building a boat.

Oh, and instead of saying "I have to go to the potty" he now says " I have to drop a duece". His Momma's going to love me.:D

It's 'bring your kid to work day' here. Of the 2 kids brought in, my 5 year old is the only one not in highschool.

Right now, he's busy driving a cart about the warehouse.

It's 'bring your kid to work day' here. Of the 2 kids brought in, my 5 year old is the only one not in highschool.

Right now, he's busy driving a cart about the warehouse.

Look he's only 5 years old! Just like you Canucks thinking their kids should be in HS already. Let him enjoy being a kid for a little while before you heave him out into the cold to fend for himself... ;)

I had the day off work yesterday, and I picked up my 2 year old daughter from the babysitter early.

We went out to lunch at a NASCAR themed McDonald's they have near us. We then stopped at Gamestop so I could buy a new game for myself. While I was checking out she had to touch everything on the shelves she could reach.

After that, we went home and played with her mega blocks while I had the F1 Abu Dahbi Grand Prix on the TV. She would stop every so often to say "Cars! VOOM!!"

She told me later: "Joe Joe (she doesn't call me Da Da anymore), had good day!" Yes we did.

:D

hey foe hammer... just where might that nascar themed McD be located? might have to give it a lil business next time I get up there? shoot me a pm if you see this.

It's in Bridgeview, which is about 5 miles SW of Midway airport. Here's the address:

8611 S. HARLEM AVENUE
BRIDGEVIEW, IL 60455
(708)599-1750

It's near the corner of 87th and Harlem. It just looks like a normal McDonalds on the outside except they have pre-COT flags for various drivers hanging in the windows.

Once inside the theme is every where. The walls are painted in a checkered flag pattern. The chairs have a pre-COT stock car or "NASCAR" etched into the back. In-between the booths there are display cases with all sorts of memoribilia; including discast cars from all eras. The playland also has a NASCAR theme with the top level being made up of three stock cars crossing a finish line. They have TVs setup in the eating area, and video games for the kids.

Back
Top Bottom