Government Engineers

sdj

Just a race fan

Bob and
Ray, two Government mechanical engineers, were standing at the base of a flagpole, looking up.
A woman walked by and asked what they were doing. "We're supposed to find the height of the flagpole", said Bob, "But we don't have a ladder."

The woman said, "Hand me that wrench out of your toolbox."

She loosened a few bolts, then laid the pole down.

She then took a tape measure from their toolbox, took a measurement and announced, "Eighteen feet, six inches" and walked away.

Ray shook his head and laughed.

"Ain't that just like a 'Miss-know-it-all' woman?" he said.

"We need the height and she gave us the length!"

Bob and Ray are still working for the Government.

LOL.
They could also over engineer the crap out of it by asking for reports on the measuring tape, the person that took the measurement, how the bolts will be reinstalled, whether or not the pole will sit at the same height once removed and reinstalled, and whether the person that reinstalls the pole can repeat the process consistently.

LOL.
They could also over engineer the crap out of it by asking for reports on the measuring tape, the person that took the measurement, how the bolts will be reinstalled, whether or not the pole will sit at the same height once removed and reinstalled, and whether the person that reinstalls the pole can repeat the process consistently.

:D:XXROFL: This is so true!

Fred was an old school Senior Engineer (Department Head) on a survey project for the County. He was introduced to a nice young female Engineer who would be assisting him - Sarah - right out of College - to take measurements on a dam.

Ted knew that he would have to be careful since his old buddies tended to be bawdy and he didn't want to upset this new young woman or get some sort of sexual harassment thing. They got to the site and Fred took one side of the damn and Sarah to the other. Once in position Fred realized that the clay was tough and he didn't have his usual hammer to knock the spike into place. Instinctively he gave a sharp whistle and used "Engineer Sign Language". He pointed to himself, pointed to his knee, and went up and down with his wrist.

Sarah winked and responded immediately by pointing at herself too, then taking out an ample breast, and pointing to her most private part.

Of course Fred was Flabbergasted and ran the length of the Dam to explain that he was not making any advances and it was just code. Fred said: "I was signaling - I "kneed" the "hammer".

Sarah smiled and said "I understood". "What I meant was - I left-tit in the box".

Fred was embarrassed but relieved...these were just new codes now that the ladies were there and he had to adapt to.

Sarah said..."by the way...if you are interested in the other one?

...and now Sarah is in charge of the Department.

Back
Top Bottom