Grassroots 2020

Back at the track tonight for opening night at Action Track USA in Kutztown Pennsylvania. 2nd time I've been here but last year the features got rained out after all the heats. I think it's a quarter mile if not it's a 1/5th I forget. USAC Speedsters, 600 micros, and slingshots.
View attachment 47529View attachment 47530

That is an awesome looking track!

That is an awesome looking track!
Pretty good racing tonight it is a quarter mile 600 micros put on a great show. It's a hard track to get to though because they only run Wednesdays and only May to August because Kutztown University which is across the street uses their parking lot during the school year.

The feature starts @ 11:30. Bell is in the 21 and comes thru the field like a rabid spider monkey
CHRISTOPHER BELL vs. GAVAN BOSCHELE | Millbridge Speedway Wednesday Night Hightlights

Deegan finished 7th. Some familiar last names in the field
1593059402572.png
1593059436332.png

BAPS just has a thing for lizards I guess?
Screenshot_20200708-135703_Facebook.jpg

Fun night at Grandview for the mods, good racing all night last 2 laps of the modified feature were amazing, Tim Buckwalter runs down and passes Jeff Strunk coming to the white. Strunk spins him out in turn 1 and spins with him giving the lead and eventually the win to Dylan Swinehart. I like all 3 but Swinehart is my favorite at the track so nice to see him win in person. Thought the injury at the track tonight was bad until I saw the other bad news from other places. But a driver in the Sportsman modified heats had cars spin in front and launched the car up over the top of another and lawn darted into the ground and over on his roof. Heard from the team in the pits after the race that he is ok and in good spirits but complaining of back pain.

Some grassroot racing at the nearest dirt track to me, Millbridge Speedway.

Friesens sweep top spots in Fonda feature
WEB-Fonda-02.jpg

Friesens sweep top spots in Fonda feature
WEB-Fonda-02.jpg

Jessica (Zemken) was a pretty good sprint car driver a few years back. I didn't know she was still racing. Doesn't look real happy Stewart beat her.

Things that make you go hmm. In 2015, I posted this picture of Stewart Friesen winning at Ohsweken Speedway beating the WOO's. Just after posting the above comment on this forum, what should appear in my FB feed but one of those "memories from your past" that FB automatically feeds into your timeline. It was this picture. Geesh, is this site linked to FB now?
As a side note, his win has stuck with me for a long time. This is the car Jessica normally drove and I didn't know Stewart was driving it that night. I though Jessica had just won a WOO race. Apparently she had recently stepped out of the car because she was pregnant.

11779987_10203445781704314_1760019241094354695_o.jpg

Vicki Wood At Toledo Raceway

Taken in the 1950s, this colorful photo shows Vikki Wood and her short track car. She wasn’t afraid to tangle with her male counterparts, and showed up at Toledo Raceway Park to qualify for an upcoming race

1596571264687.png

Wood didn’t just qualify, though, she beat every man who was there, taking the pole position for the event. Thanks to Wood, the road was paved in NASCAR for women to compete long before other sports. Danica Patrick is the most famous female driver today.

Next

Yikes. Boone, eh? Must be IMCA Super Nationals time. I went once in the early '00s when there were like 300 modifieds competing.

Yikes. Boone, eh? Must be IMCA Super Nationals time. I went once in the early '00s when there were like 300 modifieds competing.
Yeah Boone I saw it on a Facebook group I'm in. Driver was ok

Back
Top Bottom