Green getting another Cup chance

D

DJFan

Hendrick Motorsports will field a fifth Winston Cup team next season in at least four races, team owner Rick Hendrick said Friday. David Green, who drove several races for one of Hendrick's Grand National teams this season, will drive the #60 Chevy in at least the four superspeedway races in 2003, including the season opener at Daytona. ThatsRacin.com

I'm glad to hear this, when Green was released from the #5 BGN team, I was disappointed. Hope he does well.

Kel

Another "back marker" making a come back? Why is this great news? The guy is damned good, but is he winning material? History doesn't prove that out. Wish the best for him but come on, he's not a top driver....R&D maybe?:(

I think that's nice of Hendrick. I think David Green will do a good job for them. It's only 4 races, but 4 races in a Hendrick Cup car is better than nothing at all. This could be David's chance to get his name back in the sport.

David Green has what it takes... he proved that in the #5 Busch car..

David Green is a former BGN Champion. Does someone have to finish in the top 10 in Cup points for me to be able to wish them well here? I think Dale Jr is real good and wish him the best but is he a top driver in my book, not yet.

Merry Christmas
Kel

I agree David Green is a good driver. But, he has never done good in Winston Cup. That could be just rotten luck of not being a good car......but only time will tell. And I think I did wish him luck..........but, I still see him doing "R&D" for Hendrick. And with a record of not being all that good in the Cup series, and he is in the designated "R&D" car, then it will only make it more difficult for him to ever get a good ride.:(

David Green is a good driver and whenever someone gets another chance it is great to see them get a fultime ride and prove they belong. Documented history of Green's success, or lack thereof, in Winston Cup, is nothing short of lackadasical.

As a former Busch Series champ, he did show potential when he moved into Winston Cup, but so did Steve Grissom, and what a disappointment he was.

For some reason, the little extra talent, and it so insignificant it is barely measurable, necessary to be succesful in Busch and carry that success over to Winston Cup, is what makes or breaks a driver. That is why the cream of the crop stay in Winston Cup and the rest drop into other series or become test drivers. Unless they have reasonable ability, luck into a win or at best two, and are personalble, they stick around a little longer, some too long. But that is another topic.

Back
Top Bottom