Haas Automation paint scheme

Clutch

Team Owner
It looks a whole heap like the Goodwrech chevy of Dale

It looks good!

B

basscatcher89

I like the scheme and think they got a good start. The only thing i dont like is the numbers. They just don't seem to fit on the car right. They need a different font or something. But that's jmo

S

SST55

Clicked on the link and when the photo popped up my first words were "Oh,,, wow". Take off the numbers and sponsors, drop the red stripe down 6 inches and just have the narrow silver band that's a Sr car.

I have mixed emotions over seeing his paint scheme on someone elses car.

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
I think the black is an Army black, which isn't as glossy.
agreed. tony's is flat black, Dale's was glossy

I agree with bad number font. looks like something Tony created in NASCAR Simracing or something.

M

Mopardh9

Clicked on the link and when the photo popped up my first words were "Oh,,, wow". Take off the numbers and sponsors, drop the red stripe down 6 inches and just have the narrow silver band that's a Sr car.

I have mixed emotions over seeing his paint scheme on someone elses car.

Yep so do I, but then again I think it is a tribute to SR, I think that Tony looked up to him.

P

PettyBlue

That looks like a test car to me, I doubt we'll see that look on the track. And, although Earnhardt is synonymous with the black & silver #3, isn't it more of Richard Childress' property?

Bucky Badger

Go Kyle Go
That looks like a test car to me, I doubt we'll see that look on the track. And, although Earnhardt is synonymous with the black & silver #3, isn't it more of Richard Childress' property?

I bet we'll see it on the track. ;) Mabey they are working in a budget and this is a way to save money.

S

SlowNeasy

the #3 will be back someday but it's too soon now unless dale jr was the driver. that's not going to happen any time soon.

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
I bet we'll see it on the track. ;) Mabey they are working in a budget and this is a way to save money.
good point. no fancy designs = saves money.

That said, im willing to bet it's a real paint hob- Looks to me like the letters and numbers are vinyl, but the paint is black base, silver secondary, then red stripe?

Top Bottom