Hall of Fame Change

I mean, they could induct from the NASCAR Modified Tour, NASCAR Weekly national champions, Hickory legends, Bowman Gray legends...

Probably should have cut to four for a few years, then to three.
I mean, they could induct from the NASCAR Modified Tour, NASCAR Weekly national champions, Hickory legends, Bowman Gray legends...
Do those qualify as famous? I"m not saying they're unskilled or undeserving of recognition, but famous?

Probably should have cut to four for a few years, then to three.

Do those qualify as famous? I"m not saying they're unskilled or undeserving of recognition, but famous?

Yes if you follow anything outside of the top series (not trying to be snarky here). Regionally famous at least, yes.

Yes if you follow anything outside of the top series (not trying to be snarky here). Regionally famous at least, yes.
I understand, and I'm not trying to be snarky either. But it's a national hall,not a regional one. If a driver is a legend at Greenville-Pickens or South Boston, it would seem the appropriate place to recognize that is at those individual tracks.

The existing Nomination Committee will provide 10 nominees for the Modern Era Ballot.

Competitors are eligible for the Modern Era Ballot if their career started within the past 60 years (1961 for Class of 2021). Nominees can stay on the Modern Era Ballot for up to 10 years. Those whose careers began more than 60 years ago or who have been on the Modern Era Ballot for 10 years will be eligible for the Pioneer Ballot.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/0...k-hendrick-nascar-hall-of-fame-class-changes/

Back
Top Bottom