HardScrabble!!??

D

DE Wrangler 2

Hey bud, you snuck up on us!! I just noticed you passed the 200 posts...........NO MORE PUNK ROOKIE for ya!! Yipee!! Congratulations!!:beerchug: :calpping:

Hey HardScrabble,
Happy happy joy joy..........Congrats on #200
:booya: :beerchug: :calpping: :beerchug: :booya:
Enjoy your posts, keep it up.

Congrats, HardScrabble!

And thanks for help putting me one post closer myself. ;)

Snuck one up on the Kat too:D

But you're supposed to CROW like a Rooster

Congrats, and PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR KAT:waver:

Originally posted by abooja
Congrats, HardScrabble!  

And thanks for help putting me one post closer myself. ;)

COME ON NY, YOU can do it tonite:D

Just send an answer to the posts I made about being sick, back, MOLE and Big Brother:p :D

PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Kat:waver:

Gee thanks ya'll...

By the time ya read this you just could be there abooja!

So where did we end up in the rookie points standings??

I want to thank my crew and sponsors. The HS Special has really been running good...a semi literate orangutan could have written every word with the support of a bunch like that...oh wait..

Is the season over????:D

Originally posted by HardScrabble
Gee thanks ya'll...

By the time ya read this you just could be there abooja!

So where did we end up in the rookie points standings??

I want to  thank my crew and sponsors. The HS Special has really been running good...a semi literate orangutan could have written every word with the support of a bunch like that...oh wait..

Is the season over????:D

Silly Season is Just begining

Seems lately Kat, that Silly Season never actually ends!:)

I just made member too, Yeah to me and HS, abooja should be next.

a one two three punch!!

Okay who's the board historian? Have three punk rookies ever graduated in one day before???satisfied

Wow.........three in one day!! Congratulations to everyone!!:beerchug: :beerchug: :victory:

Thanks, everyone! I couldn't have done it without you. Maybe it was all that aero push. ;)

"And may your first child...be a masculine child."

(Don't ask me why I keep quoting mafia movies tonight.)

:rainfro:

HS, I have been here since day 1 and I think ya'll set a new record. I know ya'll set the record with the 200 posts. Us "Old Timers" only had to have 100.:p

Oh no Tab!!!

A points system controversy in our first season!!:D

congrtulations to Abooja and looney also...............wow..more members...........:beerchug: :abduct: :calpping: :calpping: :jumping:

:lovewow: :lovewow: :lovewow: :lovewow: :lovewow: :lovewow: :lovewow: :lovewow: :lovewow: :lovewow:

Of course I do. I'm from Brooklyn. It's almost mandatory. ;)

then i guess you know where Saratoga avenue is?
Fulton street?

:)

I know Fulton Street, but never heard of Saratoga Avenue, for some reason. I grew up in Bensonhurst, but always thought I was too cool to spend a whole lot of time hanging out in Brooklyn. I was always more into Manhattan -- Greenwich Village, SOHO, etc.

Now I think I may have to move to Charlotte. Nothing in NYC can offer me as much entertainment as would living in the heart of race country, and being able to attend 10-15 kickass cup races a year!!!

But I don't know what they would think of a Brooklyn chick down there. Might not blend in too well, ya know?

:sketchy:

I know Fulton Street, but never heard of Saratoga Avenue, for some reason. I grew up in Bensonhurst, but always thought I was too cool to spend a whole lot of time hanging out in Brooklyn. I was always more into Manhattan -- Greenwich Village, SOHO, etc.  

Now I think I may have to move to Charlotte. Nothing in NYC can offer me as much entertainment as would living in the heart of race country, and being able to attend 10-15 kickass cup races a year!!!  

But I don't know what they would think of a Brooklyn chick down there. Might not blend in too well, ya know?

:sketchy:

maybe it is not there, I remember it when I was a kid, oh god..many years ago...my grand'parents lived on saratoga avenue in B'klyn........I know bensonhurst....
yeah it would be great to move to charlotte..........my hubby and I would love that too, wonder what the jobs are like there.......housing etc...........should do a search......but cross county what a job.......yuck.....
you would fit in just fine there, now why wouldn't you?
anyway, yeah all those races..oh boy.........wouldn't that be great?

I just checked and, sure enough, there IS a Saratoga Avenue in Brooklyn -- downtown, I think. Rarely went down there. My folks considered it a shady neighborhood, but it's getting better, I think.

I did a bunch of research on Charlotte a while back and am convinced that, financially speaking, it's a good move for me. The cost of living is amazingly lower than it is in NYC, and salaries in the IT field (which I'm pursuing) seem just as high as they are here. I could live like a queen down there!! I'm just worried that I might be perceived as yet another Yankee intruder. Good thing I'm a bit chameleonic, like Zelig. :D

I wish I could convince you and your husband (two very cool people) to move down there with me. I'm a bit reluctant to go by myself. It would be great. We could go to races together, maybe get jobs at our favorite shops (you, Hendricks, me, DEI or RCR). I could have you guys over for dinner from time to time. I'm a great cook, so you should think about it! ;)

Well Abooja.............it wouldn't take much to convince me or my hubby...he has been talking about it for some time now......and we are both sick to death of california,
yeah sounds like a good plan to me...hubby is a real good cook too.........well, me too...but he always has the better ideas......

and yes of couse we could go to ALL the races..............boy we would be broke, hahaha.........

but seriously, we just may do that........

and of couse Paul...your always welcome too..............

:D

Yah, going to 15-20 races a year would be expensive, but then think of all the cash you'll be saving by not living in Southern California! Besides, if I actually get the privilege to one day live in Charlotte, I'll sell my right arm to get to all those races. I once calculated the driving times between Charlotte and all surrounding race tracks (that's at least nine), and they all seem doable to me. That's not even counting Daytona, Miami-Homestead, Dover, and Indianapolis!

I should start a separate thread about this. Maybe a whole bunch of us "outsiders" can move down there, and we can form some sort of Racing-Forums commune!!!

Errr...on second thought, I'm not a big fan of communism. Plus I want that smokehouse out back, so we may be better off living in different houses. ;)

Yeah think everyone should have their own place............not into living with a bunch of people like that....you tend to get on their nerves and vice versa.........
but....it would be nice to live there though.......might even catch Jeff or Jr walking down the roads...yeah right............

"I did a bunch of research on Charlotte a while back and am convinced that, financially speaking, it's a good move for me. The cost of living is amazingly lower than it is in NYC, and salaries in the IT field (which I'm pursuing) seem just as high as they are here. I could live like a queen down there!! I'm just worried that I might be perceived as yet another Yankee intruder. Good thing I'm a bit chameleonic, like Zelig. "

Just a word about the South.......at least the South I'm from (Arkansas): You'll just a yankee for a few years.....no big deal but they will tease you. Then you be a damned yankee (because you won't go "home") for a few more years.....again no big deal but they will tease you harder! Then, finally, after about 10 years they figure you ain't gonna leave so they accept you as an adopted southerner!! If in that ten years or so you develope a genuine southern accent, you can pass for the real thing......but someone, sometime will remember you were once a damned yankee!!

Honestly, people in NC or anywhere in the south will treat you just fine!! And are eager to help you acclaimate to the "new environment"! Don't let being north of the Mason Dixon Line keep you away if you want to move there.:)

Now, that made me laugh out loud, DE! I've heard a little bit about that "Yankee" to "Damn Yankee" progression, but I never heard it explained quite so well. Thanks for the advice. :)

I may have spent most of my life in Brooklyn, but I don't think I have ever had a real New York accent. In fact, I kinda have this weird drawl ever since I dated the dork from Baton Rouge. Never fully lost it, and it's been a LONG while. That might work in my favor, I hope.

Still, I had a place in upstate New York a couple of years ago, and I was definitely an outsider up there, so it may not matter where you go. You might be surprised by the number of roughnecks in upstate NY. I saw more gunracked pickup trucks up there than anywhere down south.

Gonna keep thinking about it. I hope to come to a decision before they hit us again. :sniper: :(

:confused:

Back
Top Bottom